Sign in to follow this  
johnloisel

Need Help Understanding 5th Wheel Hitch Weight and TV Payload

Those of us which chosem to tow with a class 8 will never be satisfied with any other tow vehicle.

ShortyO

On 7/7/2019 at 7:00 PM, TXiceman said:

Lockmup, using that philosophy, EVERYONE needs to be towing with a class 8 tractor.  No where near the real world.

Ken

Not true. Only the big fifth wheels and TTs. I’d tow an airstream with the one ton all day long, with a pro pride hitch. Each has its place. Many tow way too much trailer for their truck and stopping is an issue. 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:44 AM, lockmup68 said:

Stopping is key. You also need to be able to stop when trailer brakes fail. I’m good. Slow and steady, yet stop all day long. Cheaper than a dually too. 

Not unless you paid less than 32K.

17 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

Not true. Only the big fifth wheels and TTs. I’d tow an airstream with the one ton all day long, with a pro pride hitch. Each has its place. Many tow way too much trailer for their truck and stopping is an issue. 

I absolutely agree with this. That's why I got the big end Ram. I am only looking at a 13-16K lb 5er, I have plenty of starting and stopping power, with or without trailer brakes. In fact, I won't even know it's back there most of the time.

Nice truck by the way, I almost purchased the Volvo VNL780 (I took my CDL test in one), and also drove one for a while. I love those Volvo's, but the ones with the Cummins.

Edited by BigDinAZ