Newbie question about TV

This is probably a ridiculous question, but I honestly don't know the answer. We have to replace our home television, and I was wondering if we'll be able to take the new one with us when we purchase a Class A (35-36ft) motorhome in two years time. Most motorhomes we've seen have a TV mounted over the driving area of the coach, but I've seen photos of a few used vehicles that SEEM to have regular TVs mounted on a table or desk. 

Whichever coach we end up with, we won't have the TV over the driver/passenger seats. So my question is: can you use a regular flatscreen TV (say, a 49-50inch) in an RV? Do you have to do anything special to make it work?

Editing to add: Husband is gung-ho about buying a new TV this weekend. I've spent a year researching nearly every aspect of RV-ing except TVs. So I'm in a bit of a crunch trying to catch up with his enthusiasm! 

Edited by Bigthinkers

3 hours ago, Bigthinkers said:

So my question is: can you use a regular flatscreen TV (say, a 49-50inch) in an RV? Do you have to do anything special to make it work?

I do not claim to be an expert on the subject as I am struggling to evaluate streaming versus satellite versus over the air options going forward. But this is some of what I have learned. Not all TVs have the full range of input options such as HDMI, coax, RCA component and ethernet cable. There are adapters available to convert the three connector RCA component to single audio visual component connector and others to convert the three connector RCA to HDMI.

Some TVs have the casting software built in so that anything viewed using Google Chrome can be cast to the TV (displayed on the TV) if the computer and TV are on the same network. There are other systems like Roku which I have not researched how they work.

If you are streaming on a computer, tablet or phone that has an HMDI or mini HDMI output, you can connect a TV with an HDMI input and display whatever is on the device's screen on the TV. This  would let you view streamed content on the TV without being connected to a network.

Satellite TV signals will not pass through most of the over the air TV amplifiers used on RVs that are inline with the cable TV connection. Most newer RVs will have separate connections for satellite and cable signals. Older RVs may not so if you want to receive satellite TV you will have to run additional cable or make modifications to bypass the amplifier when using satellite TV.

LOL! Just when I think something is going to be simple, there's far more to it than I thought! :D

Making the transition from a house to a motorhome is challenging, frustrating, and exciting, all at the same time. I feel like we're living on a balance scale. Every decision involves, "Well, we could to THIS, but then again, maybe we should do THAT...!" 

The one thing we know for sure, after nearly a year of researching and moving our home and work toward being on the road is...we KNOW we want it to happen.

Thanks again for the replies. I know it's rather elementary, but with his finger hovering over Purchase I didn't have time to research like the obsessive info-gatherer I am. ;)

Our TT came with an RV-specific TV that runs from 12v, but my impression is that nearly all RVs just use a normal generic TV.  All you really need to watch for is the weight and dynamic load you're putting on walls.  A friend upgraded the tiny TV in his TT, and we put in braces for the mount.  He removes it while traveling.  A bouncing RV can put huge loads on the wall with a heavy TV.

I would think a giant 45" TV would be way too big for an RV. You should defer this decision(which you did) until you get n RV. That will dictate what size tv. Ours came with a 32", we sit about 8' away from it and it is fine. When not in use it lowers into a cabinet and is out of sight.