Dallas Area and Need Fifth Wheel Hitch

Aggie79-82a

I’m in the Dallas area and need to buy a fifth wheel hitch and have it installed on my 2017 F250 Super Duty. Does anyone have a suggestion of a reasonable and reliable dealer or shop to get this done. Google has not been the finest approach thus far. Couple of places quoted me MSRP for the hitch and six hours of labor. Think that is a little high. This would be a standard, rail mounted hitch. Per Lippert, I’m not looking for a adapter type hitch.

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

Wow, wish I was closer. I'm selling my Reese 27000# hitch (fits my 2017 f350). 

Aside from being  a bit heavy, It's easy peasy to install if you have the height set already. Just lower the feet into the holes and lock them down. 

Unfortunately I am in eastern Arizona, but your dealership should be able to fix you up. 

Kimberly Flores, Trail Boss and Wagon Master
Jesse Flores, Coxswain, Shotgun Shipmate
Wagon mates: Cinnamon, Mini Schnauzer
2017 F350 Lariat Dually
2018 Keystone Fuzion 371 Toy Hauler
LovetheRVlife.com

Bought my B&W Companion 20K hitch from Discount Hitch in Arlington, TX today.  Fair price, install was good, and nice folks.  They know what they are doing.  Total confidence in my purchase.

Thanks for the feedback.

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

22 hours ago, whj469 said:

I have a 7 year old Reese hitch rated for 16,000 lbs and 4,000 hit lbs  that I would sell cheap. As for the Ford dealer, I would stay away. They use the puck system not rails and are very expensive. I am near Houston.

If the truck does not have a puck system, they can either add rails in the bed for a conventional mount or add the B&W companion style hitch to the truck with a turnover ball. Mechanics are mechanics, they can add a hitch to any truck at pretty much any dealer repair shop or an independent repair shop.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Yes at an independent shop. The Ford Dealer, Planet Ford, Humble, TX, would only install one type of hitch. It was a puck type rated for 26,000 lbs and if I remember correctly, 6,500 lbs hitch weight. For $1,800 installed. An independent shop would be a better option.