Looking for truck repair in Myrtle Beach SC

chief916

2 hours ago, chief916 said:

Thanks VT...this helps.

Cheers.

I am not an expert on anything when it comes to these trucks or way of life I am hoping to enter into in about 9 years, but I do know how to do one thing........ FIND HELP, I am not a mechanic. My Grandpa is rolling in his grave because he was, he had a full service Texaco Gas Station, back in the days when full survice they did a 30 point inspection when your call was being filled with gas, and even topped off oil and wiper fluid if you needed it. He also had a full service shop. He could tear apart an engine or transmission. He worked long and hard, had a very successful career, but I never got into it. I should have. So now I pay the price, but I know how to ask those who know for help, and I know how to do research and find help LOL ;-)! 

Your Welcome,

Cory Ossana - Vegas Teacher

I have used the Freightliner dealer in Florence SC but not sure where the nearest Volvo dealer is if you need one of them. I should be back in SC on Tuesday after the Memorial Day weekend if you need any assistance.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

9 hours ago, Star Dreamer said:

I have used the Freightliner dealer in Florence SC but not sure where the nearest Volvo dealer is if you need one of them. I should be back in SC on Tuesday after the Memorial Day weekend if you need any assistance.

Dave

There's an app for that..at least for Android. Don't know if they have one for Apple, but it says the Volvo dealer in Florence is the Florence Truck Center. Jay

Thank you all for your help.  Using the sites you sent, I was able to find Eastern Diesel here in South Myrtle Beach.  Tony...the owner and his team jumped on my problem and has back on the road in less than two hours.  They ended up checking every ground on the truck... pulled the dash and cleaned up every connection and plug and dieelectriced everything that was electrical.  The truck is 22 years old so it needed it.  Turns out the temp gauge and the oil pressure gauges are on the same circuit board...Tony said their not connected but he believes that when the board heats up that changes the resistance.  I'm no tweek so I don't know.  Leaving for home this morning so we will see how it does.  Again...thanks to all for your advice, support and your help.

Ben (chief916)