Dish Network CONUS West Coast?

On 5/23/2019 at 7:00 PM, Rover said:

We’ve had our Trav’ler for 4 years and have had very little problems with it. But now it seems to work but just will not lock onto the satellites. Mark (DH) says we are just too far north but seems to me if you can see the satellites in the app using your phone, shouldn’t the dish on top of the RV be able to see them? I just can’t believe we have to go the entire summer while in Alaska and Canada without using the Dish.

Vicki

We used our Trav'ler extensively during our 4.5 month (about 2.5 months in AK) and it worked without a problem.  Of course if we had trees or hills in the way it wouldn't get a signal.  Up in Fairbanks and north of there the dish was pointing parallel with the ground.  

People with a satellite Dome couldn't receive a signal.   

BTW, the dish that Dish Network installs on houses in Alaska are the same size and LNB that is on the Trav'ler, so I can see no reason why the Trav'ler should have a problem in Alaska.

Now if your RV has some wiring in the RV that causes a loss of signal from the Trav'ler dish to the receiver then that is not a problem with the Trav'ler, but with your RV. 

You can do a test by running a new RG6 coax (be sure it is labled 3000Mhz) from the Trav'ler dish directly to the receiver. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

57 minutes ago, LindaH said:

This is the one I've used, but now I'm getting a "not found" error.  Have they really gotten rid of this very useful information???

https://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?page=dishnetworkmarkets&sub=true

Finally found where they moved the "spotbeam by city" webpage:  https://www.satelliteguys.us/retired/index.php?page=dishnetworkmarkets&sub=true

Edited by Al F

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

15 minutes ago, Al F said:

Finally found where they moved the "spotbeam by city" webpage:  https://www.satelliteguys.us/retired/index.php?page=dishnetworkmarkets&sub=true

Thank you!  Fortunately, I'd saved various cities' spot beam maps to my computer, but I do go back to the website occasionally to check on something.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I went to the new site of the spot beam maps.  Unfortunately, the few that I tried just have an "x" in the upper left-hand corner, but no map appears!  Hopefully, they'll fix this soon.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

37 minutes ago, LindaH said:

I went to the new site of the spot beam maps.  Unfortunately, the few that I tried just have an "x" in the upper left-hand corner, but no map appears!  Hopefully, they'll fix this soon.

OOPS!  I just tried it too.  Looks like the maps are gone, which is what I mostly used. 

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

Scott retired "The List" and associated links since they were getting too far out of date to be reliable. The fellow that used to maintain it just up and disappeared quite awhile ago, and no one has come forward to take it over.

The spot beam maps are still there, but when you get the blank graphic, you need to right click on it and copy the address to your clipboard. Then paste the link into your browser's address bar, changing "thelist" to "retired" before hitting enter. Yes, it's awkward, but it will get you there.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

10 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Scott retired "The List" and associated links since they were getting too far out of date to be reliable. The fellow that used to maintain it just up and disappeared quite awhile ago, and no one has come forward to take it over.

The spot beam maps are still there, but when you get the blank graphic, you need to right click on it and copy the address to your clipboard. Then paste the link into your browser's address bar, changing "thelist" to "retired" before hitting enter. Yes, it's awkward, but it will get you there.

Many thanks.  Works great.  Well, maybe a pain to take all the steps, but it works.  

Even if the map images are quite old, I would think they would be reasonably accurate.  I wouldn't think Dish would greatly change the spot beam coverage.  

But anyways, I never viewed the spot beam coverage charts to be 100% accurate in the fringe areas.  

Again, thanks for the tip on how to view the coverage maps.  

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

I agree the spot beam maps don't change much over time, but enough other items on "The List" have changed, that it's really quite out of date overall. 

Dutch

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the update! I won't dig through all the uplink reports to figure out when, but somewhere along the way Dish moved the Sacramento HD CONUS locals from 119 to 110. I'll update my list...

Dutch

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 5:54 PM, Dutch_12078 said:

I just tried this again this morning and found that the URL for the spot beam maps already have "retired" in it, but the maps don't show up.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

1 hour ago, LindaH said:

I just tried this again this morning and found that the URL for the spot beam maps already have "retired" in it, but the maps don't show up.

Did you right click on the blank map graphic and "Copy" (IE), "Copy image address" (Chrome), or "Copy Image Location" (Firefox) and paste that address into your browser's address bar? Then change "thelist" to "retired" and hit "Enter" to see the graphic.

Dutch