I saw a sales video on Rescue Tape (self-fusing silicon) that looked good.  I was also looking at the Gorilla Waterproof and Seal Tape.   We haven't been impressed by the other Gorilla products that we bought yet reviews for that were better than for the Rescue Tape.  Has anyone used either of these?  If not, do you keep something else on hand in this category?  We are looking for just something multi-purpose to carry in the vehicle.  When it comes to patches, we have excellent results with Tear-Aid which comes in different types depending on what needs repair.

I have used Eterna-Bond on roof seams. It really holds well. Is thicker than most tapes so it depends what you need it for!

Eternabond has such an established reputation for effectiveness, this is an area where it makes no sense to look at alternatives. 

Rescue Tape and Gorilla Tape are good where you may want to remove it for a more permanent or better looking repair in the future.  Eternabond tape  is just that.  You'd better be happy with your first try because once it's down, it ain't coming off!

Edited by Lou Schneider

I used the silicon rescue tape to fix a cracked APS pipe fitting.  It was way  easier to fix that way than cutting out and replacing the fitting due to it's location under the underbelly.  That was 6 year ago.  Great stuff.  

Later,

J

I have used Rescue Tape to temporarily patch a radiator hose, yes-like their pictures. That temporary radiator hose patch on my farm tractor worked so well, it's still there after 3 years. Etenabond could reliably withstand the heat, pressure, and associated grease and oil typical on a farm tractor. When used as intended, Rescue Tape is unequaled IMO.

Rescue Tape cannot be used on a flat surface(patch an awning) like adhesive tape, as it only adheres to itself. I agree, Gorilla Tape is over-rated, used it once, gave the rest of the roll away. If you want a tape that will securely hold something together without breaking, check out Nylon or Fiberglass re-enforced packing tape.

15 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Just used rescue tape on pump fitting that was leaking at my sticks and bricks.  Works well. 

I guess the stiches you put in ripped out? :ph34r:

There are multi-purposes products, but there are no ALL-purpose products.  Silicone self-fusing tape has a few uses, "duct" tape types like Gorilla have another, and I also like Fiber-Fix for some things.  The latter is a hard, water-cure strip that ends up like fiberglass.  Very stiff and strong, but not useful on a flexible surface or anything flat.  But you can put a shovel handle back together with it.  I also fixed some outdoor chair leg welds with it, holding for three years now.

Several years ago I bought a three-pack of Rescue Tape (red, clear, black) and have used maybe 1/3 of each. When used as designed it works well.