Teton Roof Repair

Consolenut

Well thanks to OK storms. A piece of aluminum siding or the like hit my slideout roof. A tear happened in the membrane. Come to find out it has the PVC roof on it. Of course the insurance company will cover.  So anyway i pulled the slide in....in the next storm something grabbed the torn material made it worse. I eternabond taped the tear and flooded the roof with water. No leaks. 20 minutes of full stream water hose should rule out a leak. Any opinions. A few estimates i got were for EPDM which i dont want. Only 1 would replace and repair with PVC material. Does anyone know if installation is the same for felt backed PVC?

On a side note 88 degrees today and it continues to surprise how easily the rig stays cool.  120 degree exterior wall temp 73 inside same wall. Full sun no shade.   70 degrees in here. 3 rigs this is my 4th and this Teton is the coolest. Any other owners surprised by the ability to stay cool.

RV roof.com has worked for me; damage from Hurricane Harvey.  Pretty expensive but so is a replacement for the Teton.  I checked about 250 internet ads for a replacement ( mostly with RVtrader.com) and really nothing comes close to the quality and features of my "old" 2007 Teton. Going to Texas Custom Coach for repairs to the BR side wall cause by the 2nd hurricane in two years.  No roof leak, probably slide seals again.

Catfish

'08 Chebbie K3500; '07 Teton Sunrise Experience;
Native Texan/Transplanted Tarheel; Retired USMC

​LDO

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/17/2019 at 10:46 PM, j2catfish said:

RV roof.com has worked for me; damage from Hurricane Harvey.  Pretty expensive but so is a replacement for the Teton.  I checked about 250 internet ads for a replacement ( mostly with RVtrader.com) and really nothing comes close to the quality and features of my "old" 2007 Teton. Going to Texas Custom Coach for repairs to the BR side wall cause by the 2nd hurricane in two years.  No roof leak, probably slide seals again.

Catfish

How was Texas Custom Coach for repairs? I have the bedroom slide floor problem and a leak in the dining slide that I cannot find. Only gets wet in crazy rain. I think it is window related, but above my pay grade....

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4