Sign in to follow this  
lockmup68

wiring help, rock lights/boogey lights

I would like the rock lights/boogey lights to come on when I put the truck in reverse as well as have a separate switch to turn them on when truck is not connected. My trailer lights all go through a separate fuse panel in the front of the rig that is easy to tap into. Say I had the rock lights all wired up where I can turn them on via a toggle switch and powered independently by the trailer batts, what would i need to add to have them be activated by the reverse light signal from the truck when towing?

I'm going to use the https://luxlightingsystems.com/ , same ones I have on my trail rig.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by lockmup68

Yup, essentially. There's a 100 ways to do it, but your single line above would work. Of course, fuses, relay grounds, etc, etc have been omitted.

I think I would use two relays one for each switch so they cant feed power to each other. One common feed to the lights will still work. I like to pull relays from vehicles about to be crushed you can often get them for free.

23 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Yes, And you can pull the switch wire to the relay from the Jackaloppee.

Can I trigger the relay off of the reverse light signal in the trailer plug? That was the plan. Reverse lights on, want the rock lights on. 

1 hour ago, lockmup68 said:

Can I trigger the relay off of the reverse light signal in the trailer plug? That was the plan. Reverse lights on, want the rock lights on. 

If you have enough room in the plug to pull a wire thru then sure.