Pit bull Friendly parks near Portland OR

HDmvp41

FL-JOE is absolutely correct our dogs are animals  . They can be trained by professionals. The instant you think they are humans  you are looking for trouble. We have seen feral dogs in the PA mountains the result of being  dropped off and surviving returning to the pack animals they are. We kill them. 

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

I'm just curious, but has anyone here actually answered the question from the original poster?  If not, why is this still open?  I had thought this forum was to help people with answers to their questions.  I find it hard to believe that a campground will be found but who knows.  

On 5/14/2019 at 4:18 PM, HDmvp41 said:

We would be looking to find a koa type park that has a fenced dog park. 

I just am not having any luck finding any within 1.5hrs of Portland Oregon that accept pit bulls

If anyone knows of any or could give us any advice it would be much appreciated.

Mr. Camper is correct, so perhaps someone can post something that will be helpful?

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Since probably 90% of RVing dog owners don't travel with Pit Bulls I doubt he will get the answer about a specific dog park in a specific area by asking on a forum.

My suggestion would be to use one of the available apps, like RVParky, and keep making calls to find out for himself.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

We travel with an American Staffordshire Terrier, which is one of the outcast breeds.  We can't make him be less than completely lovable to everyone, so whatever.  I can't answer for your specific location, but on a recent trip we found that all of the commercial campgrounds were dog racists, and the state campgrounds were not.  There was also a military campground that didn't have a problem with it, so if you or anyone in your camp have military backgrounds, that's an option to look at.  Most campground web sites have a "policies" or "rules" section where they spell out their dog policies.  We stayed at one of the state campgrounds and the hosts couldn't get enough of playing with our dog.

Also, these folding dog beds are simply awesome for camping, and I highly recommend it.  If you teach your dogs the command "place," it can be a great spot to "place" them when people walk in or you need to clean up camp or whatever.  Ours will sit there forever when told to.

Up3QrlF.jpg

5 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Also, these folding dog beds are simply awesome for camping, and I highly recommend it.  If you teach your dogs the command "place," it can be a great spot to "place" them when people walk in or you need to clean up camp or whatever.  Ours will sit there forever when told to.

A friend used the term "go away" instead of "place".  When told to go away the dog would retreat to its bed.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Hah, yeah, we also use "get going" and they know to just leave.  In our case, being in many different locations, we had our dog trainer help us make "place" whatever is pointed to.  As long as there is a border, it works.  I've done it with chalk on concrete.