How do 55+ parks verify age?

The few 55 parks I have been in never asked for ID.  I just stated that my wife was over 55.  I think the big thing is that you are older with no kids.  A lot of those parks have time limits on when grandkids come and visit. But they would have the right to ask to look at your ID to make sure that you qualify for staying.

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

No one asked our ages when we visited The Ranch or Lone Star Corral. When we got on the Active Waiting Lists we had to verify our ages by including a copy of our driver's licenses. I don't remember the exact percentage, but in order to qualify as a 55+ community an certain percentage (80% maybe) has to be at least 55.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

We were in a 55 plus RV park for 13 years. Arrived there when we were 57. Nobody asked to see anything etc. We were vey active in the park and in that time, never heard of anybody being questioned or asked. Every once in awhile, somebody would come in and maybe under 55 just by looks. So what. Also, there were numerous times when one person was older than 55 and their partner was under 55.

I was in a 55+ Park once and a couple who were in their 70s had their 49 yr old daughter come stay with them. The park, after a couple of week, made he move out. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

2 hours ago, Twotoes said:

I was in a 55+ Park once and a couple who were in their 70s had their 49 yr old daughter come stay with them. The park, after a couple of week, made he move out. 

Interesting.  I’m under 55 but my wife is over 55.  It was know and we were never asked to leave.  But then again every park has there own set of rules.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

3 hours ago, Twotoes said:

But, maybe not because of age. Maybe because they were only registered for two people. Some places charge extra for a third resident once they determine she's not just a short-term visitor. Some places even charge for short-term visitors which they maybe were not paying. We stayed in a park once where we couldn't even invite friends for a picnic unless we paid a fee for them to come for a few hours.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I'm a Q-Tip, a dead giveaway. Older retired folks like white cross training sneakers. If you pay attention to footwear the younger folks would not be caught dead in white sneakers. White on top and bottom? Q-Tip!

We started full timing at my age 45 and at 50 tried an over 55 that we did not know about. We were asked at the desk checking in and told them we were both 50 and 52 respectively. Having a well kept truck and rig also goes a long way. With mostly gray hair at the time, he said come on in, just please tell anyone that might ask that you are 55. I have a full thick head of silver hair at 67. My youngest was mostly bald at age 19?? He shaves it now. Balding certainly is no indicator of age, unless accompanied by looking rode hard and put up wet. ;)

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire