New member looking for Ontario, CA registration advice.

Slixter

I've just joined this forum. So many good topics. I'll be joining the HDT RV hauling club next year. Currently just a bumper puller with a half ton for recreation. I'm an AZ driver for a living (Canadian, CDL in the U.S.). Class 8 semi. Lots of trucks available in our industry to convert to RV hauler. Our company runs all Internationals but I'm leaning towards one of the Volvo models. I've driven them before and they seem to be the choice for conversion. I'm wondering if there's any Ontario, Canada members who can offer some advice in dealing with the MTO for converting from commercial to RV for the trucks.Thanks.

Edited by Slixter

Slixter 

pm sent.  Do four of the seven usual things and swear out an affidavit.  No inspection required but make sure you have the required stuff in case you ever get a roadside check.

Welcome to the site

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

Just what Nigel says plus if I remember right you will need to get it safetied as a motor home then go to service Ontario with affidavit and inspection certificate and get your new plates.

what part of Ontario are you from?

2014 jayco siesmic 3914

1998 volvo 610, singled short ( bought in 2005)

14 speed volvo tranny

2014 Toyota yaris

52 minutes ago, hone eagle said:

thread starter   use CDN  or CN for canada not CA.

I thought you meant  california as well

Funny I have the opposite problem.  Every time I see Ontario I think it is someone close and then get disappointed.  Yes we must remember most of the members here will be Americans.  When I see CN I think railway or tower so CDN is probably better.  

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'