WTF Tesla

rynosback

I’m a full time RVer and love taking factory tours when traveling this great country. I’m on the West Coast for the first time.  I have loved the idea and vision of Tesla.  No where on Tesla’s website does it say anything about factory tours.  In Googling it I found out that I had to email them at factorytours@tesla.com.  I even read that the tours were booked up for 4-6 weeks, so plan ahead. And right after emailing them I received this email from them:

Thank you for contacting Tesla Factory Tours!  We can’t wait to show you our ground breaking facility and how we make our revolutionary vehicles.  Due to the overwhelming amount of tour requests we receive, our team will respond to you within the next 48 business hours.  Our schedule fills up 2 to 4 weeks in advance so unfortunately, last minute requests cannot be accommodated. 

If you are a Tesla owner, please provide us with your reservation number or VIN for us to reference your account.

Thank you and we look forward to your visit.

Tesla Tours

I then received this one a day after this email:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in visiting us at the Tesla Factory in Fremont!  Currently, our tour program is only available for Roadster, Model S, Model X, and Model 3 owners.  It is not open to reservation holders, shareholders, or the general public at this time.

If you are a current Tesla owner, please reply to this email with the following information:

• First and last name associated with your vehicle
  • Your VIN or RN, and the email address that is linked to your Tesla Account

Once we verify your ownership, I can assist in scheduling your tour.  Tours are non-transferrable.

Due to the overwhelming tour demand, we will not be able to respond if you’re not a current Tesla owner.  However, just like you, we are eager to for the chance to show off our amazing factory and will notify you once it is available to the public.  Thank you for your understanding and support.

Sincerely,

Tesla Tours

Factory Tour Program

Fremont Factory | 45500 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538

factorytours@tesla.com

In reading there first response it states nothing about having to own a Tesla. Only they are booking out 2-4 weeks.  Then they drop the you have to be a Tesla owner.  This was my WTF moment.  I have toured a Ford, GM, Toyota and Honda’s plant. And there are millions more of these cars on the road vs Tesla. Are there that many Tesla owners that travel to take a tour?  How many tours do they do a day? Just seems very odd that they do not offer tours to the general public.  When I bought my DRV, I took a factory tour before I ordered my rig.  You would think that Tesla would want non owners to take the tour and impress them with there manufacturing procedures.  Heck they might even have people sign up to by a car at the end of the tour. Eventually people could even buy and drive away there brand new Tesla. I mean Farrari & Lamborghini have factory tours.  I have always wanted to buy a Tesla, but this gives me pause as it appears to me that Tesla thinks that there sh@t does not stink. Maybe they will let us common folk tour there plant one day.  Rant over 

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

• 2 months later...
On 5/9/2019 at 1:57 PM, rynosback said:

I have always wanted to buy a Tesla, but this gives me pause as it appears to me that Tesla thinks that there sh@t does not stink.

I live near one of the outlying Tesla recharging stations that is located at Collins Street Bakery, about half way between Dallas and Shreveport. On 2 occasions I have stopped to ask a Tesla owner recharging there to tell me a bit about the car and on both occasions the owner let me know that Tesla owners are above the rest of the earth's creatures and we should not bother them. Seems it is much too exclusive a club for me so I'll not bother them again. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

24 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

... on both occasions the owner let me know that Tesla owners are above the rest of the earth's creatures and we should not bother them. Seems it is much too exclusive a club for me so I'll not bother them again. 

Yes, I think you are right. I wish I would have had the presence of mind to video a Tesla owner arguing with a police officer at our local Costco about why he was parked in a handicapped spot with no permit. The owner said it was because the spaces are wider and he was less likely to get any scratches on his car. The officer said he hoped it was worth the $350 fine and mandatory appearance in court. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg