Vail, AZ - Spotted Bull Eatery still there?

Jim & Alice

Will be traveling thru the Tucson area soon... and over the years we have boondocked at Vail Steakhouse... lately sold, and renamed "Spotted Bull Eatery"   However, in trying to contact them I have had zero response to emails and phone calls.

AZ, VAIL: Spotted Bull Eatery, huge pkg lot. No facilities. Free. Owners welcome O/N. I-10 x279, go N, TR on frontage rd, follow sign to restaurant. Easy turnaround. Truckers also use

Does anyone know if they perhaps have closed down?

Thanks,

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

19 minutes ago, staffnon said:

also at same address is vail steak house café and dinner

That is because the Vail Steak House was sold to new owners who changed the name to Spotted Bull. There is no Vail Steak House anymore. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

WOW!!! shoot the messenger, To bad that the old owners can't or would not change/delete there info from the internet  via the web host.  Also maybe a shame to the new owners for not updating the info and maybe looking at the web sites to verify the  info is correct.  the web site domain  can't be responsible if the business owner do's not verify the info on there own site.  To bad no one has been able to verify is the place still there TODAY!!

Oh Well!!! I tried again and did not meet the standards of the posters.

I know maybe call the travel inn 520--574-0191 just down the road and ask them really really nice 

WOW tried my own suggestion and called the travel inn and that went over like a box of rocks.  and tried to call the spotted bull and yes they are suppose to be open today on Sunday and no one answers.  What a great place NOT to visit.

and yes a little crying in my beer, the calls I made was all long distance from a land line in MS.  So yes I am really trying to help the OP🙈🙉🙉

Edited by staffnon
spelling and adding words

I parked there overnight prior to the Escapade, arriving around 9:30 pm.  There were several cars in the parking lot and the sign on the front door said "Open 7-9".  The "Trucks and RVs Welcome" sign had been replaced by one bearing the new name of the restaurant but there were several RVs in the large dirt lot where the Vail Steakhouse had welcomed overnighters so I joined them. 

The night passed without event, but when I went to have breakfast in the restaurant the next morning the place was deserted and closed up tight.

I left for the Escapade and never did find out if the sign meant they were only open from 7-9 PM or if there was another reason they were closed that morning.

Edited by Lou Schneider

8 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

I left for the Escapade and never did find out if the sign meant they were only open from 7-9 PM or if there was another reason they were closed that morning.

We and another couple ate dinner there on March 20 and found the food good and the prices very good.

Spotted Bull Eatery & Bar

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks, folks, for trying to help with this question.   Appreciation to all!   It's not a major issue, all things considered, so I think I will skip Vail this year, and just keep going on to Benson.   I know we have options there for overnight boondocking, including an SKP park.   

If I should come across any further information to update this question, I will update this post... as well as the Days End Directory.

Again, Thank You!

Edited by Jim & Alice

2007 Dolphin

We had 10 rigs there before Escapades in March and we all had dinner there during the week of Escapades. Food was good, service slow when we showed up with 40 people! New owners were very welcoming. Don't see how you can complain about them returning calls when you get FREE CAMPING. Try the Hot Rod Garage restaurant place just down the road, there where people boondocking there when we went for dinner.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

Followup:   Drove by Spotted Bull Eatery today (Saturday, May 11,2019, 4:00 PM), traveling eastbound on I-10.   The adjacent parking lot (listed in Days End Directory) had 5 tractor-trailer rigs parked... but no cars parked in front of the Restaurant... and a big sign on the front entry door (visible from Highway but not readable).

By all appearances I think Spotted Bull Eatery is closed for business... but the parking lot is still being used. 

Edited by Jim & Alice

2007 Dolphin

• 4 weeks later...