from Navarre to Pigeon Forge

virginiasean

We are travelling from Navarre in Florida north to Pigeon Forge Tennessee and the trip planner i am using is taking me via Montgomery on highway 65 (sorry i am English so not sure if they are highways or interstates etc) Birmingham on the 59 Chattanooga on the 75 and onto Pigeon Forge. My question is two part .....is there a more scenic route and is there anything on the way that shouldn't be missed. We have 30 hours or more to do this part of out journey so an overnight is planned. Noccalula Falls in Gadsden is currently earmarked unless others can come up with better suggestions. thanks all

My mapping program shows roughly the same route. The highways you mention are all interstates. My program shows the trip being approximately 570 miles. Other routes may add time and possibly miles. If my memory is correct, you are in a rental Class C so mileage may be an issue for you. US-411 From Cleveland, TN would get you off the interstate and bring you into Pigeon Forge from the Southwest. It will be a slower more scenic drive and would not add many miles. Your planned stop in Gadsden will be about 340 miles from Navarre. You will pass through Montgomery and Birmingham which both have some sites that may or may not be of interest to you. Chattanooga is also a city with a number of things to see and do. We have stayed there for several days and enjoyed the area.

Hope you are enjoying your visit!!

Edited by trailertraveler

hi Thanks for that.....

i have rerouted as you suggest and it hardly adds on any time or miles. We are not concerned about miles as have 6000 to play with and are only up to 5400 so far till the end of our journey so even if we add some detours we will be fine.

we are not big on cities prefer the scenic countryside lakes rivers etc ........thanks anyway