HDT Insurance

JohnS

I'm trying to get insurance on an HDT truck alone that I want to purchase.  I do not yet own a fifthwheel. It will 3-4 yrs before I will. Miller Insurance told me they cannot provide a policy without a fifthwheel and truck combo.  Any suggestions for other insurance companies or scenarios to consider?  Thank you.

Don’t know about Fl, but I have my HDT, which is registered as a motor home, insured as a private truck with State Farm in Alaska, I bobtail quite often so Insurance stays with the truck, 5th wheel insured separately.

Edited by Tom&

2011 vnl730 D13 435/1650 I-shift singled mid 2015 Keystone Raptor 425ts 2015 Smart

I had to have a camper to get insurance for the HDT in FL.  I had not purchased a new to me camper, as of the time I needed insurance.

I used my old truck camper in the short term, with the understanding my wife and I would be replacing it soon.

If you currently have a pull behind, perhaps that would suffice for now.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

5 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Please share the cost difference between single coverage vs camper/truck. 

2011 Volvo 730, registered as MH in State of Alaska, insured as private truck by State Farm, cost $933.00 per year.

2015 Keystone Raptor 425ts, cost $221.00 per year, full coverage by State Farm.

2011 vnl730 D13 435/1650 I-shift singled mid 2015 Keystone Raptor 425ts 2015 Smart

6 minutes ago, Tom& said:

2011 Volvo 730, registered as MH in State of Alaska, insured as private truck by State Farm, cost $933.00 per year.

2015 Keystone Raptor 425ts, cost $221.00 per year, full coverage by State Farm.

03 freightliner columbia registered as Mobile Home in Nebraska. $63.35 a month. $760.20 a year

93 Jayco eagle 33 ft 5th wheel $28.42 a month or $341 a year.

State farm full replacement cost.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

2007 Volvo 780   Registered MH in Colorado $171 for six months through Farmers Union Insurance

2007 Volvo 780 Ultrashift Trailersaver Hitch
2017 Momentum 397th
3 Yamaha Banshees
2 Honda 400EX's
Polaris Outlaw 50

Polaris Outlaw 110 EFi                                                                                                                                                                                                                          2018 Polaris RZR S 1000 Stealth Black
2019 Polaris RZR S 1000 Titanium Matte Metal

2015 Polaris RZR S 900 VooDoo Blue

https://i.imgur.com/e0ajU8Pl.jpg

we live in fla and bought a used 2013 international transtar 8600 daycab single axle 10 speed automatic with 189k miles (stole it for $16,200 OTD)... we put fenders and decals to match our 44' fuzion 427 toyhauler, removed commercial 5th wheel, installed a 1" steel deck and installed a trailsaver 3 airbag 5th wheel hitch on it.  when we went to insure it the only place i could find to insure it was National General through Good Sam and they wouldnt insure it without insuring the RV (which was insured with geico).  OMG  $2897/yr for both!   Polk County land development is trying to tell us we cant park our commercial truck in our backyard (.51 acres) behind a 6 foot fence with mature canopy trees surrounding the property.  i told them its not commercial, we removed the commercial hitch and replaced with an rv hitch and it says 'private rv, not for hire' on the doors.   if an F350 HD dually can tow up to 33000 lbs, wouldnt they be considered a commercial vehicle too?  i don't get it.   any advice would be greatly appreciated.  thank you in advance

I am in Polk as well.  I had issues with codes until I proved the title was converted to a Motorhome.

The day cab will not qualify to convert to a motor home.

I do not know if you will be able to covert to a private truck in FL.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

On 4/28/2019 at 11:28 PM, crazybanshee said:

2007 Volvo 780   Registered MH in Colorado $171 for six months through Farmers Union Insurance

Can you get me contact info for your agent? Farmers union here in Nebraska said they cant help me.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

We have a "commercial" policy thru Country Financial it has a not for commercial use clause in it, and its DIRT cheap. They don't care about the trailer and we can drive it solo as much as we please.

We may be switching to State Farm in a few months, I am still researching their policy documents and root out any disagreements I may have with it.

2016 Road Warrior 420

2001 Volvo VNL 660

Alaska Based.

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

Thank you.  What state are you in?  How did you describe the truck to them?  As an RV or private truck?

If you are asking me.

Alaska.

Tried to explain to them its an RV and all that but they were not following very well, once I said "toater home" they knew exactly what I meant.

2016 Road Warrior 420

2001 Volvo VNL 660

Alaska Based.