deleting trackingex.com

SWharton

Somehow I managed to get trackingex.com on my computer and want to get rid of it. It appears when I click on a USPS(probably others) tracking number. I use Windows Defender, Malwarebytes,  Superantispyware and ran CCleaner. I did a search and found nothing. They only have a contact phone, no email and we don't have phone service right now. Probably not for a few days. Any help would be appreciated.

Download Norton Power eraser here and allow it to reboot your system and then continue after:

https://us.norton.com/support/tools/npe.html

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I would first go to control panel and then to "Programs and features" and look for it. If it is there uninstall it. Then go to CCleaner click on tools in the left menu, and open "Startup" if it is there, highlight it (left click) then delete it. If you are not sure disable it and reboot and be sure everything works then delete.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Thanks Derek. I had tried all those options. I have the problem when clicking on the tracking number within my mail account at Escapees.  I tried different browsers. Sheryl tried it on her computer at HQ and she went right to USPS tracking so I know it is something on my computer but it is well hidden.

Once we stop traveling I will need to all them and see if they will be of assistance. I can't find anything to help on Google.

This is to track packages from numerous companies. I don't know how it got on my machine. I only use Escapees, UPS, Fedex and UPS. Escapees is the only one I have problems with. I just don't use their tracking any longer. I copy the tracking number and go onto USPS, enter it, and have no problems.

Did you get rid of it?

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

No, the number they had on their site was for UPS and other delivery services. I got to the point where it is suppose to be an add on for Firefox but I couldn't find it. I then delete Firefox and reloaded, that didn't get rid of it either. I m going to email Firefox but we are traveling and heading for Alaska. For now, when I go to Escapees I use Chrome.

Thanks for asking

I gotta say, having something install without my asking for it, reeks of malware. I wouldn't be near so nonchalant with a program on my equipment. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I can't do much about it. We are on the road heading for Alaska. Cell and internet are very spotty and once we get into Canada I doubt if I will have any. I can't say I didn't request its install for sure and the only thing that seems to be impacted is Escapees.com and only if I do a tracking using Firefox. I have an idea where it came from, I had placed an order from Australia and it showed up after that. I had placed orders with this company before so I do;t think it is malware.

The only solution I see right now is to reload the machine and I need internet to do that and a lot of time.

I am just stuck.

Sorry to hear that. I had no luck finding a solution short of trying to load it somehow. Did get some search results with others in the same boat. Do let us know what solutions you find if any. Mozilla would be highly interested and may find a fix, since they own Firefox. I switched to Edge now that it will be Chrome based and more secure, as well as cast. We moved to Colorado and I just had  the fiber Internet installed today. So we are back online here. As soon as I sell the Louisiana property, Scamp fiver, HHR, and Ram 2500, and all the mowers and tractors we will be down to a subdivision lot we can push mow in 30 minutes. We had three of our five acres to mow in our old place. I don't like having close neighbors. But it will work fine anyway.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Thanks S and Dennis.

S, we didn't have to downsize, we chose to as we didn't need that much house to keep up. And our three yr old grandson and year old granddaughter are two hours north of us in Denver instead of 900 miles away. Our other grandkids, all girls are al, over 21 now so it's great to be close and take part in his life and the one year old's.

I have to go back and sell all the stuff and house next week. So we will be split up like a TDY when we were active duty.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998