Sign in to follow this  
Flaps

Leaning Tower of Four Winds

My RV leans to the right by almost a full bubble (see photo w/ level on bumper).  I am having a heckuva time finding a Ford dealer who can do repair work of this nature on a 31' RV.  I live in Southern Maryland, anybody have any ideas?

From afar.jpg

Level.jpg

My first thought was to wonder if you've ever had a 4-wheel weigh done? It could be a load problem although this is a pretty extreme situation.

Linda

So after inspecting you find nothing broken or otherwise maligned and you are within the weight limits of your coach, consider air bags to level it. These are not meant to increase carrying capacity by any means, but only to supplement the existing suspension by leveling the rig thereby relieving some stress on the affected components. 

You might make a list of heavy items in the coach, & where they are placed. Have a generator? Which side?  Tanks? etc

On the weight thing, find a moving/storage place. Many of them have scale w/an outside display, and no curb to prevent doing one side or wheel at a time. If you don't need "certified", a box of donuts usually does it.................

You have had some good suggestions thus far. I am wondering how old the RV is and how long you have owned it? It would also be very helpful if you were to return to the forums and let us know if we have been of any assistance. 

7 hours ago, ARGO said:

On the weight thing, find a moving/storage place. Many of them have scale w/an outside display, and no curb to prevent doing one side or wheel at a time. If you don't need "certified", a box of donuts usually does it.................

Gravel dealers often have truck weighing scales as well. The one we used did charge us but it sure was a convenient location.

Linda