Replacing Ford Triton Engine in 2016 Winnebago

So my sister was taking her 2016 Winnebago with 41,000 mi on in for some minor coach adjustments when the engine blew!  She has extended service contract thru Wholesale Warranties who want to use a LKQ remanufactured engine.  Her longtime RV mechanics claim Jasper is a better product.  I am familiar with Jasper as I used a rebuilt transmission from them about 15 years ago. I had no issues with it but that is statistically insignificant sample size.  The Jasper engine is about $1500 more then the LKQ quote.  

So anybody out there had experience with either of these companies.   I would be interested in feedback of any kind!

Thanx in advance!

Bob & BJ
On the road (part time) to ournextstop!
2019 Bounder 35P
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Oscar)

What's the chances of talking to a Ford dealer? Reason I ask, a friend of ours had a similar motorhome, with similar mileage, drop a valve last fall. Full replacement, all on Ford's dime. Can't hurt to check with them. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

On 4/21/2019 at 10:36 PM, Darryl&Rita said:

What's the chances of talking to a Ford dealer? Reason I ask, a friend of ours had a similar motorhome, with similar mileage, drop a valve last fall. Full replacement, all on Ford's dime. Can't hurt to check with them. 

Yep, all they can do is say no, which loses nothing other than time.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I suspect the situation you referred to was original owner and she bought this used. However, I have passed it along and she has contacted the local Ford/Lincoln dealer where where she has bought a number of new cars including the Navigator she drives now!  

Thanx for the input!

Bob & BJ
On the road (part time) to ournextstop!
2019 Bounder 35P
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Oscar)