RV Rentals

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are looking to rent out your personal rig or in the market to rent someone elses, it looks like you can do both on rvshare. I don't have any personal experience using them and can't help you there, sorry about that. I ran across it doing a search to answer a question for someone who was unsure what type or size 5th wheel would be best for them. It does look like it might be helpful in your situation. Good luck!

https://rvshare.com

I did find one review of the service that is just a year old and noticed the 4.1 stars but didn't read the whole review.

https://thervnomad.com/rvshare-review/

There is a thread on irv2.com from a couple who put their MH with a rental company. They explain in detail why that was a bad decision.

Question, would you lend your MH to a neighbor who has never been in any type RV before if they asked? If your answer is no, you just answered your own question.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I've rented RVs many times using local services.  I find them via CL.  I've also loaned mine to friends a few times, and have borrowed several friends' trailers.  No problem.  I haven't used the national services so I can't comment on those.

We considered doing a rental on our new trailer, but the wife says she'd rather just keep it exactly set up as we want rather than get cash but have to constantly prep it for rental.  I'd have no problem with it.

We have never even given thought to renting out our RV. If you are considering renting your RV out, I would suggest you watch Cruise America, Road Bear, El Monte, and several other rental outfits' rigs when they arrive and leave an RV park. Not all renters but unfortunately the higher percentage are completely oblivious.  Several years ago, sitting in Helena, MT. RV park a Cruise America travel trailer arrived, I didn't know they were renting a travel trailer. I think the program lasted one season.

What you will find is a lot of people indignantly tell you they will never do it, and few actual experiences.  I've spent time talking to a few people who do it, and all said it usually went fine.  And for issues like cleanup or a broken cabinet, they had a deposit.