Injector question

runaway parents

It’s the other way around.... fuel in the oil is an indication of a possible bad injector(s). Usually it’s the “injector cup” that goes bad and allows the fuel to get into the oil system. Cups on older Volvo’s were made of copper and were prone to failure. Newer updated cups are made of stainless steel. 

So where I got this from I was watching Diesel Brothers and they where installing new injectors in a cumin's engine  They stated that the injectors where allowing oil to return back to the fuel tank threw the fuel return line do to a bad seal on the injector. What do you think? Are these guys full of bull or are they trying to get rating's

Most diesels don't have engine oil in the injectors at all, but some PowerStrokes do utilize high pressure motor oil to open injectors.  So, in theory, those could have this scenario.  

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

9 hours ago, runaway parents said:

So where I got this from I was watching Diesel Brothers and they where installing new injectors in a cumin's engine  They stated that the injectors where allowing oil to return back to the fuel tank threw the fuel return line do to a bad seal on the injector. What do you think? Are these guys full of bull or are they trying to get rating's

Would you buy a vehicle from them? 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

yep I understand the power stroke theory had a o ring in the plug at the end of the high pressure oil rail next to the fire wall go out .near rock creek had to have pickup towed to Penticton to get it fixed took two wreckers one for pickup other for fifth wheel .when we got it to the dealership Saturday evening there mechanic just left for the week end  at that time we still did not why the motor was dumping oil out of it honestly thought we threw a rod .So we had two options one to camp out in the ford dealership lot till Monday with no power and 98 degrees or two hike down to the parts store and talk to those guys and try to figure this out. I talked to the sales man told him my problem and before I got my story told he said follow me so we went  up one aisle and down the other picking up tools and a o ring. the sales man went out the front door hiked to the ford dealership with me .climbed into the truck and repaired it for me .he told me that this was a common problem with these power strokes he used to work as a mechanic up at Prudhoe bay. He had me up and running in about 15 minutes. wow talk about going beyond the call of duty .so I asked what do I owe him . he said not a thing  we got to keep you American,s happy you spend a lot of money up here.so he would not take any money not even for the parts . so what I did was bought the store pizza for dinner.

No neeed to sample fuel will be dark

on our old Volvo if the fuel supply pump seal goes it will (did) suck engine oil in and slowly add oil to fuel.

pretty easy replacement 

2014 jayco siesmic 3914

1998 volvo 610, singled short ( bought in 2005)

14 speed volvo tranny

2014 Toyota yaris