PAylor

DirecTV account "action required "

Emailed ours in April 19. Got the email today (Wed) from DirecTV that we are good to go. We  will see, although our service with them is fairly straight forward. One box, no high def. We rarely talk to them.

For those of you in Texas, what number did you use for the "Registration Number"?  I looked at the sticker and see several numbers, I looked at the printed receipt that comes with the sticker and see numbers, but none are labeled "Registration" number.

Well we got our latest bill from Direc TV today. Since they re-did our "Mobile Account" they saved us about $7.00 a month. They took away the Texas sports channels which we could never receive anyway since we were never in Texas. We are big sports fans, but since we couldn't get them, we sure won't miss them.

No update on my DNS yet, but I did notice on my last two bills they changed the number

of TVs I have from 2 to 3. I still only have 2. I have a Genie 2 and two Genie mInis. The CSR

kept saying I was being charged for 3 "receivers" when the bill clearly says "TVs". I tried

talking to a "supervisor" and got the same canned response so I asked to speak to the

retention department. Still getting charged for 3 TVs, but for the next 12 months I'm getting

$55 knocked off my bill.

Not only are they doing the DNS reviews but I found out that are also doing an AT&T/DirecTV account unification right now. That sounds like it is fraught with peril. Anyway, I noticed some issues with my last bill and with my channels in early which at the time I wasn't sure if it was DNS related. We have been paying for the HD Extra Pack for a long time and suddenly early May it was gone. So the usual frustrating phone call and got that restored. Silver lining is that now I am on a promotion package where I get it free for 3 months.

Then on the bill I see where my promotions for free HBO and $25 off DirecTV programming for bundling AT&T/DirecTV were discontinued for non-compliance. So another frustrating phone call and this time a couple of different reps and I gleaned that they were going through the account unification process and that is probably what happened. If I had looked more closely at the line by line invoice I would have found that the promotions were discontinued on the 7th but had been reinstated on the 10th invoice date.

So I found out it was unification issues that caused these issues, not DNS. BTW I have not heard anything on DNS yet, and they received my info on April 28th.

Edited by SKP099512

On 5/9/2019 at 6:32 AM, Barbaraok said:

For those of you in Texas, what number did you use for the "Registration Number"?  I looked at the sticker and see several numbers, I looked at the printed receipt that comes with the sticker and see numbers, but none are labeled "Registration" number.

Barb, I agree that their wording is less than clear. What they want there is the RV vehicle license Plate Numbers/Letters. 

I got an email reply today saying they had received my reply to their request and approved my continued DNS service.

Still nothing on my end either via e-mail or regular mail. I've only had DNS for a few years though and made no changes to my equipment/service in that time. I guess maybe they're either randomly selecting accounts for review, or going after those that are the oldest? 

On 5/14/2019 at 5:35 PM, JRP said:

Barb, I agree that their wording is less than clear. What they want there is the RV vehicle license Plate Numbers/Letters. 

I got an email reply today saying they had received my reply to their request and approved my continued DNS service.

How long was it after you mailed the form in that you heard from them?  I have had DNS since 2010 so I hope I'm considered ok to continue?  Time will tell I guess.

I have Dish Network and call up every time my promotion ends and I threaten them I will cancel unless they give me another promotion. Don't get stuck paying full price when you don't have too. They rather keep an existing customer than paying more to get a new customer.

My RV receiver cost is only $7 a month. Soon I will just cancel Satellite and be done with it for ever. I have a10ft OTA antenna for my RV that has a 150 mile range antenna so I have no problems picking up free HD TV. I also have purchased a Verizon Jetpack on Amazon for $130, it has unlimited data for streaming all my movies and TV shows. Adding the Jetpack to my existing Verizon plan only cost additional $20 a month and you can freeze the service off and on when ever you want. I also use a Amazon Fire Stick and stream all my movies and TV shows. There isn't anything I can't watch, if it was produce it get it. I also run a VPN software to protect my service in and out. 

8 hours ago, edatlanta said:

How long was it after you mailed the form in that you heard from them?  I have had DNS since 2010 so I hope I'm considered ok to continue?  Time will tell I guess.

Ed, I emailed them the forms requested on 4/19 and got their email reply on 5/14.  

I'm sure they're sending these requests out in batches, but not sure what sequence is being used by them to decide who gets this request 1st, 2nd, 3rd. I've had DNS since 2007 and I already had DirecTV service before that at my sticks & bricks house before retirement & fulltime RV'ing.

6 hours ago, JRP said:

Ed, I emailed them the forms requested on 4/19 and got their email reply on 5/14.  

I'm sure they're sending these requests out in batches, but not sure what sequence is being used by them to decide who gets this request 1st, 2nd, 3rd. I've had DNS since 2007 and I already had DirecTV service before that at my sticks & bricks house before retirement & fulltime RV'ing.

We sound pretty similar.  I had DirecTV since 1995 in my S&B and converted it to an RV account in 2010 with DNS.  Thanks for your info.