DirecTV account "action required "

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you in Texas, what number did you use for the "Registration Number"?  I looked at the sticker and see several numbers, I looked at the printed receipt that comes with the sticker and see numbers, but none are labeled "Registration" number.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Well we got our latest bill from Direc TV today. Since they re-did our "Mobile Account" they saved us about $7.00 a month. They took away the Texas sports channels which we could never receive anyway since we were never in Texas. We are big sports fans, but since we couldn't get them, we sure won't miss them.

No update on my DNS yet, but I did notice on my last two bills they changed the number

of TVs I have from 2 to 3. I still only have 2. I have a Genie 2 and two Genie mInis. The CSR

kept saying I was being charged for 3 "receivers" when the bill clearly says "TVs". I tried

talking to a "supervisor" and got the same canned response so I asked to speak to the

retention department. Still getting charged for 3 TVs, but for the next 12 months I'm getting

$55 knocked off my bill.

Kim and Betsy

2017 F450 Lariat

2017 Arctic Fox 35-5Z

Not only are they doing the DNS reviews but I found out that are also doing an AT&T/DirecTV account unification right now. That sounds like it is fraught with peril. Anyway, I noticed some issues with my last bill and with my channels in early which at the time I wasn't sure if it was DNS related. We have been paying for the HD Extra Pack for a long time and suddenly early May it was gone. So the usual frustrating phone call and got that restored. Silver lining is that now I am on a promotion package where I get it free for 3 months.

Then on the bill I see where my promotions for free HBO and $25 off DirecTV programming for bundling AT&T/DirecTV were discontinued for non-compliance. So another frustrating phone call and this time a couple of different reps and I gleaned that they were going through the account unification process and that is probably what happened. If I had looked more closely at the line by line invoice I would have found that the promotions were discontinued on the 7th but had been reinstated on the 10th invoice date.

So I found out it was unification issues that caused these issues, not DNS. BTW I have not heard anything on DNS yet, and they received my info on April 28th.

Edited by SKP099512

Bob & Jo
Full-timing since 09/10/2009 - SKP 99512
2015 Lifestyle LS38RS

2010 Ford F-350
Our blog: http://bobandjotravelblog.blogspot.com/
Our travel photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobandjotravel/sets/

On 5/9/2019 at 6:32 AM, Barbaraok said:

For those of you in Texas, what number did you use for the "Registration Number"?  I looked at the sticker and see several numbers, I looked at the printed receipt that comes with the sticker and see numbers, but none are labeled "Registration" number.

Barb, I agree that their wording is less than clear. What they want there is the RV vehicle license Plate Numbers/Letters. 

I got an email reply today saying they had received my reply to their request and approved my continued DNS service.

Jim

Still nothing on my end either via e-mail or regular mail. I've only had DNS for a few years though and made no changes to my equipment/service in that time. I guess maybe they're either randomly selecting accounts for review, or going after those that are the oldest? 

On 5/14/2019 at 5:35 PM, JRP said:

Barb, I agree that their wording is less than clear. What they want there is the RV vehicle license Plate Numbers/Letters. 

I got an email reply today saying they had received my reply to their request and approved my continued DNS service.

How long was it after you mailed the form in that you heard from them?  I have had DNS since 2010 so I hope I'm considered ok to continue?  Time will tell I guess.

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, RV Flex Armor Roof

I have Dish Network and call up every time my promotion ends and I threaten them I will cancel unless they give me another promotion. Don't get stuck paying full price when you don't have too. They rather keep an existing customer than paying more to get a new customer.

My RV receiver cost is only $7 a month. Soon I will just cancel Satellite and be done with it for ever. I have a10ft OTA antenna for my RV that has a 150 mile range antenna so I have no problems picking up free HD TV. I also have purchased a Verizon Jetpack on Amazon for $130, it has unlimited data for streaming all my movies and TV shows. Adding the Jetpack to my existing Verizon plan only cost additional $20 a month and you can freeze the service off and on when ever you want. I also use a Amazon Fire Stick and stream all my movies and TV shows. There isn't anything I can't watch, if it was produce it get it. I also run a VPN software to protect my service in and out. 

8 hours ago, edatlanta said:

How long was it after you mailed the form in that you heard from them?  I have had DNS since 2010 so I hope I'm considered ok to continue?  Time will tell I guess.

Ed, I emailed them the forms requested on 4/19 and got their email reply on 5/14.  

I'm sure they're sending these requests out in batches, but not sure what sequence is being used by them to decide who gets this request 1st, 2nd, 3rd. I've had DNS since 2007 and I already had DirecTV service before that at my sticks & bricks house before retirement & fulltime RV'ing.

Jim

6 hours ago, JRP said:

Ed, I emailed them the forms requested on 4/19 and got their email reply on 5/14.  

I'm sure they're sending these requests out in batches, but not sure what sequence is being used by them to decide who gets this request 1st, 2nd, 3rd. I've had DNS since 2007 and I already had DirecTV service before that at my sticks & bricks house before retirement & fulltime RV'ing.

We sound pretty similar.  I had DirecTV since 1995 in my S&B and converted it to an RV account in 2010 with DNS.  Thanks for your info.

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, RV Flex Armor Roof

• 2 weeks later...

That scares me, I know they received my paperwork in the mail on the 28th of April and I haven't heard a thing.

Edited by SKP099512

Bob & Jo
Full-timing since 09/10/2009 - SKP 99512
2015 Lifestyle LS38RS

2010 Ford F-350
Our blog: http://bobandjotravelblog.blogspot.com/
Our travel photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobandjotravel/sets/

Well if they screw with us they lose a customer, THEIR DECISION.  AT THIS POINT I really don’t care, I’m tired of Direct and AT&T acting like we are here to serve them!

Edited by Barbaraok

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

On 5/29/2019 at 4:18 PM, nwtraveler said:

Sent an email on 5/3. Called customer service on 5/6 and got absolutely no help, so, in desperation,

I mailed the paperwork on 5/8.

I had a similar situation.  10 days ago I sent a nasty email asking  why I hadn't received a response along with additional copies of all materials.  Today I received an email saying that I now had a "mobile account" and everything was fine! 

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Curious how some can get both East & West feed? I keep watching for something on our account on our DNS - nothing so far. Just a few weeks ago, we changed out DNS location, and it was relatively painless this time (The CS Rep new what I was talking about, and had it changed in 5 minutes.) We're West Coast feed, but many times it would be great for us to have East Coast feed:)! Is their some magic set of words to use to establish both feeds?

TIA, and best to all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

People with East and West Coast DNS feeds are grandfathered from the time before DirecTV started to limit DNS to the Coast of your Billing Address.  The FCC has the say on this.

I do not know how you think you changed your DNS location.  Or are you talking about the location for your Locals?  That is an entirely different issue.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

"I do not know how you think you changed your DNS location.  Or are you talking about the location for your Locals?  That is an entirely different issue."

Yep, it was the changing over to a specific areas local channels. And I do now remember reading before that some were GF into both E & W feeds... 

Appreciated the response, best to you, and all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

We had both the E & W DNS feeds when we first got it ten years ago. But it seems that within a year we were shifted to the East feed only. We prefer the east feed as any shows we watch come on "earlier" and can be DVR'd. We were also getting locals when we were back in Central Texas. I wouldn't be surprised if those have gone away in our transition to a mobile account. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

1 hour ago, mptjelgin said:

We were also getting locals when we were back in Central Texas. I wouldn't be surprised if those have gone away in our transition to a mobile account. 

We also have both south TX locals and Eastern DNS.  With our new "mobile account" nothing changed.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels