DirecTV account "action required "

Hi all,

My hubby and I have a sticks and bricks but are on the road at least 6 months of the year. We have been DirecTV customers for 20+ years.  When we travel we take our DVR boxes from the house and transfer them to the rv.  

I just got an email from them saying that they needed us to provide them with vehicle registration.  I plan on calling them but I thought I'd check to see if anyone else has had this request. 

I think they will want us to establish a second account for the rv.  I think we give them enough money as it is.

Thanks in advance.   I'm going to post this on another forum as well.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:

DirectTV is asking for the form to be filled out (easy enough) and a photocopy of the "Vehicle Registration Forms".  In Texas there is the title (which we don't carry with us) and the vehicle registration which is a windshield or license plate sticker. Any thoughts on what to send in that will satisfy them?? 

Thanks.

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

24 minutes ago, mptjelgin said:

Question:

DirectTV is asking for the form to be filled out (easy enough) and a photocopy of the "Vehicle Registration Forms".  In Texas there is the title (which we don't carry with us) and the vehicle registration which is a windshield or license plate sticker. Any thoughts on what to send in that will satisfy them?? 

Thanks.

The form the sticker was on is your registration form to use. 

We got the same thing today.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Got the notice recently in my email and am working on it today. Curious what everyone is putting in the from ____ until ____ fields.

Bob & Jo
Full-timing since 09/10/2009 - SKP 99512
2015 Lifestyle LS38RS

2010 Ford F-350
Our blog: http://bobandjotravelblog.blogspot.com/
Our travel photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobandjotravel/sets/

7 minutes ago, SWharton said:

We thought they were referring to the MH registration.

I see that possibility but that is shown on the current registration which they ask for.

Bob & Jo
2015 Lifestyle LS38RS

2010 Ford F-350

The forms seemed pretty straightforward to me but I did have to write some "margin notes" with respect to the fact that Montana provides permanent vehicle registration for motorhomes over 10 years old.  Our registration card reads "permanent" and the expiration year is given as "9999".  I included a screenshot taken from a State web page that detailed what vehicles are eligible for permanent registration.  I can't wait to see how the AT&T bureaucracy deals with that!😁 

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Out of curiosity are those who are getting e-mails on the "older" DNS package that gets East and West Coast stations or are you on the "newer" package that only gets either the East or West Coast (depending on location)? I have DNS service but haven't received anything from DirecTV. 

20 minutes ago, cpalmer2k said:

Out of curiosity are those who are getting e-mails on the "older" DNS package that gets East and West Coast stations or are you on the "newer" package that only gets either the East or West Coast (depending on location)? I have DNS service but haven't received anything from DirecTV. 

We have the "older" DNS that includes both East and West coasts.

Bob & Jo
2015 Lifestyle LS38RS

2010 Ford F-350

DNS is an exception allowed from the FCC for RVers and OTR truckers and the provider, DirecTV or Dish, are supposed to verify the vehicles annually.  Apparently DirecTV has been lax is is under scrutiny from the FCC.

A bunch of years back Dish failed to certify their DNS subscribers and the FCC jerked their right to offer DNS for a couple of years.

The exception of DNS is for those who cannot receive Locals.  So by the nature of the exception you cannot have Locals and DNS at the same time except under some incredible tight situations.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I'm kind of curious in this situation what they're fishing for though. I know the provision says they're supposed to have one on file at all times, but I haven't gotten an e-mail and the registration I provided definitely has expired since that time. There is a newer provision of the law that says you can't view HD programming from an EARLIER time zone which is why they have been making new subscribers get either the East, or West, but not both. I'm wondering if they're asking for registrations from those on the older "dual" east/west stations so then can convert them over to either or, or if they're just working through the whole base of DNS customers and just haven't made it to my account yet. I definitely don't want to call and ask to open a can of worms, but I obviously don't want the DNS to get cut off because they "missed" my account either. I'd be curious to know if others who only have the East OR West coast feeds (not both) have gotten these messages or just the ones on the older dual coasts versions. 

Is there an e-mail address on the e-mails that are going out that we might could contact directly? 

Edited by cpalmer2k

In my opinion, this is simply ATT catching up on what DTV should have been doing every few years, verifying that you are still entitled to DNS. I've had DNS for 12 yrs and this is the first time I've been asked for an updated RV registration.

The email address they gave for replies to their request was...   ATTDNS@amcustomercare.att-mail.com

But no guarantee they'll answer any questions sent there. The DNS group is located near Denver Co and used to have their own separate phone #, but this email says to use the main DTV number for questions. 800.531.5000

Edited by JRP

Jim

6 hours ago, cpalmer2k said:

We’re on both coast grandfathered plan. And got the notice.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834