Loss of signal strength between dish and Hopper

I have a Dish 1000.2 with hybrid WA LNB.  My Super Buddy says the signal strength on 110 is 41.  When I check the signal strength on the Hopper3, under Dish diagnostics, the signal strength is 11.  110 is where the locals emanate.

Could it just be a crappy Cat 6 cable?  This is the same cable I've used for over a year with no issues.

How are the ends of the cable?  I used to cut the old ends off yearly and added new connectors to get a cleaner contact wire.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

7 hours ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

How are the ends of the cable?  I used to cut the old ends off yearly and added new connectors to get a cleaner contact wire.

I'll check the ends.  I have an unused HF tool to make connectors.

Interestingly, this a.m., the signal strength showing on the Hopper under Diagnostics is 43.  I made no changes to anything from last night.  SO overnight, it went from 11 to 43 all by itself.  KRAZY!!

Intermittent connections can be frustrating.  As a connection heats and cools, there's good potential for microscopic movement which can change the connection characteristics, especially if some oxidation has set in.  It's likely you've not seen the last of this and I'm with Mark on replacing the F connectors.

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

Archived