Outdoors account vs. residential account

I have a Dish 1000.2 dish with Hopper 3 and 1 wireless Joey.  Currently have a residential account.  When I started with Dish over a year ago, a residential account was the way to go.  In another thread, a poster implied an Outdoor account is easier to deal with. 

Is that true?  Is it easier for fulltimers to use an Outdoor account when they have to manually setup their dish/change locations?  Or is it really just a different way to deal with Dish and the benefits are not that big of a deal?  

We have been on a residential account with Dish for almost 9 years.  When I change locations I log on to my account with them and chat with them to change my location for locals. Very easy to do and only takes about 5 minutes. We have been full timers the entire time.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

We also are on res acct with H3 and 2 wireless Joeys. We have been calling and going thru to tech support to change locals and so far it works ok. But I might try using chat as others say it’s simpler and no extra talk about being in RV. 

Still no trouble. 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

We have a Dish Outdoor account for our two Hopper's w/Sling and one Joey. The biggest benefit is the ease of changing locals by just tapping a few buttons on a phone app instead of using chat or calling. I still use chat when I want to change the locals to someplace other than where we actually are though, since the app can't do that.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

We have an outdoor account but still have to use chat to change locals because we are not “”pay-as-you-go” account. So I don’t think residential or outdoor makes any difference.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

I'm not a "pay as you go" account but I am listed as an Dish outdoors account. Like Dutch said, changing your locals is as easy as logging in and pushing the button for "locals". The GPS in your phone tells them your location and it asks if those are the locals you want to receiver. Press the appropriate button and a few minutes later, you have new locals.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

When we switched from the Wally to Hopper Dish forced the acct change to residential. I didn’t argue with them. 

It seems to work out fine. 

Programing packages were less $ on the residential non pay as you go. But it’s all pretty confusing when they tell you different stuff at different times. Lol

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

2 hours ago, billr said:

But it’s all pretty confusing when they tell you different stuff at different times. Lol

They tell you different stuff because they don't know.  Seems like DISH would put out a fact sheet on this so all their people would have same story to tell.  I own my equipment and have an outdoors account, but can't change my location with the app.  Some can, some can't.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

2 hours ago, chirakawa said:

They tell you different stuff because they don't know.  Seems like DISH would put out a fact sheet on this so all their people would have same story to tell.  I own my equipment and have an outdoors account, but can't change my location with the app.  Some can, some can't.

2 hours ago, chirakawa said:

We can't change in the app either because our account is still tied to a non existing residential account someone made a mistake years ago when we went to a RV account but the chat works great.

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

On 4/16/2019 at 8:01 PM, Jim & Wilma said:

Phil, did you convert to an “outdoor account”?

Jim, when I got the dish account I was already in the RV, but I never intentionally asked for it. When the app came out I looked and that's what I have. I used to use chat to change my locals and never had issues, just the wait and the time it took to explain what I wanted to do. The app is just so dang simple, I think I could teach my dogs to do it.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Archived