An Alternative plan

I didn't see any mention in the ad of what the monthly fee is for continued service. My Verizon prepaid unlimited no throttling hotspot data plan is $65/month with autopay...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

In what respect is a hotspot less secure than the Nighthawk? The both use the same protocols and account security as far as I can tell.

Dutch

11 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

In what respect is a hotspot less secure than the Nighthawk? The both use the same protocols and account security as far as I can tell.

I was thinking the same thing.  Because if it is true I have large security issues as I bank and play the market over my AT&T hot spot and even Verizon some times.  Please in lighten us poster.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

If you have security concerns you can always use a VPN.  Not to make this a commercial post, but the WiFiRanger SafeSurf (TM) feature is a built-in free VPN with a server in Idaho.  Or you can use a commercial VPN service, such as ExpressVPN with servers all over the world.  On an annual basis ExpressVPN costs ~$7.mo.  We use it, not for security, but to watch BBC programming directly from the BBC website!

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Good morning ,,

Sorry for the delay, I was on the road...

As for security, this is what I have found out....and the same applies for Hotspots

All the carriers rate their network priority as follows...Phone...Tablets...Hotspots having the lowest priority

This MOFI has been flashed to Emulate true TTL and behave and has the priority of a phone and thats why  the Sim  is also coded for this unit...

most of the unlimited plans out there are "deprioritized" at all times...

I know its not cheap...but for no hassle and flawless coverage ...?....worth it ...for me..

I work from my trailer...on a VPN all day long ...streaming Netflix when I'm not working

I have yet to have a problem with mine.....

2 hours ago, RamblinRec said:

As for security, this is what I have found out....and the same applies for Hotspots

All the carriers rate their network priority as follows...Phone...Tablets...Hotspots having the lowest priority

This MOFI has been flashed to Emulate true TTL and behave and has the priority of a phone and thats why  the Sim  is also coded for this unit...

Previously, you made a statement that implied that hotspot security was an issue but you don't say why.  In this post you say "As for security...." but don't address the subject.  Nor do you address the question of how much per month the cost of this service is.  

I can understand how this might circumvent the intrinsic deprioritization applied to hotspots, but I don't see how it can be any more secure than any other hotspot.

I'm sure several of us would be interested if you would elaborate.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

The eBay ad doesn't mention how much the service costs. Other sellers state that service is $100/month.

Tom
—————————————————
2005 Born Free 24' Rear Bath
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

For $65 a month you can get an unlimited prepaid Verizon hotspot plan - https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/guides/verizon-pudp-prepaid-unlimited-jetpack-data-plan/ .  This is what I am using right now.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

21 hours ago, RamblinRec said:

Hey guys...

I've pulled over for the night...sitting in a state park...NO service anywhere...but MINE

The monthly is 135.00...but I would surely contact the seller.... it is listed as make off too !!!!

It's just Verizon. I have the $65 plan that Bill posted...no throttle, and totally unlimited. I've got an external antenna on my jet pack. If you can pull in a Verizon signal so can I....and it sounds like I can do it cheaper. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

3 hours ago, Big5er said:

It's just Verizon. I have the $65 plan that Bill posted...no throttle, and totally unlimited. I've got an external antenna on my jet pack. If you can pull in a Verizon signal so can I....and it sounds like I can do it cheaper. 

I am sorry sir,,you are completely wrong...Your Jetpack is a hotspot...this is not....apples and oranges sir..... Jetpacks and all hotspots have the lowest network priority...What speeds can you get on yours ? can you get 60 down and 40 up ?....can you maintain VPN..and do non stop VOIP w multiple online users for hours on end while sharing live documents, ..what is your data useage for the last 30 days ?..

Please and with all due respect....don't confuse people with your 65.00 plan...you may think its unlimited...it isn't   

Hey,,

Maybe this will help clear things up ...

First.. Security..The firmware supports OpenVPN natively, which no commercial hotspot can support at the moment.  Its definitely the most secure and robust VPN protocol if you are looking for peace of mind of banking, stocks etc. 

VPN can also be used if you need a static IP, and DDNS is also supported which allows the router to be reached with a fixed hostname while having a dynamically changing IP./ 4 port rj45 for smart devices....OPTIONS make it versatile.....

Come on guys....I'm not saying this is the best for everyone out there.. .I'm not the one selling it..

I just checked...I am over 186gb of data usage....streaming..work etc....I'm sitting in a State Forest tonight and the weekend, working.....and streaming any darn thing I want......lol

If your Jetpack is doing everything you need it to do...by all means stay with it... I'm just saying this thing hasn't even burped, stumbled, studdered...

Everything above I got direct from the seller, so PLEASE, I"m no Techi....ask them for the details..  they are very approachable with questions..

I’m not a techie either.  I was going to ask you to translate what you said.  I would guess that the person selling this on eBay sent you the reply above.  I use 100-200 gigs a month.  Right know I am in TT Pio Pico, which has very little to no cell signals.  My AT&T  Mobley is working great here.  Below is a speed test.  The earlier one is a regular speed test.  The later one is turning my Ranger Go AC Safe Surf on. If I understand Joel correctly this hides my IP address and encrypts The data I am sending and receiving. Streaming and surfing with no issues with Safe surf on.

1C08B88C-ACEE-4209-8B3B-04EC3E2F05D9.jpeg

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

10 hours ago, RamblinRec said:

I am sorry sir,,you are completely wrong...Your Jetpack is a hotspot...this is not....apples and oranges sir..... Jetpacks and all hotspots have the lowest network priority...What speeds can you get on yours ? can you get 60 down and 40 up ?....can you maintain VPN..and do non stop VOIP w multiple online users for hours on end while sharing live documents, ..what is your data useage for the last 30 days ?..

Please and with all due respect....don't confuse people with your 65.00 plan...you may think its unlimited...it isn't   

My response was to your "claim" that you are the ONLY one that can get a signal in your current location, and in that aspect I am not "completely wrong". I repeat...its just Verizon. Signal is signal. If you can get a signal, so can anyone else with the right, fairly simple and inexpensive, equipment. You do not have some magical machine that pulls waves out of the air that are unobtainable by everyone else, no matter what someone selling snake oil tells you. 

Obviously you have no clue what you are talking about in reference to the unlimited plan that many of us here have and neither does your Ebay seller. Last months data usage was a little over 31gigs....and speed never fluctuated.  I too can stream anything I want....and for less money. I'm obviously not impressed that you are paying twice the cost I am, to stream the exact same things. The fact that your speeds are so awesome doesnt change the fact the the extra speed is wasted if my lower speed/half priced device and plan is capable of streaming the same quality video. I'm happy that you feel the extra money that you spend is a good value. For me it is simply an over priced gadget that allows you to do the same thing I do for less money. My totally unlimited hotspot streams just as many movies as your device. Your streamed movie plays no better or faster than mine. My email gets received just as fast as yours and my bills get paid just as securely and on time.  I am however impressed that you have downloaded 186g of data, although you might want to consider getting outside a little more. There is life beyond your monitor screen.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Verizon doesn't have a very good record when it comes to supporting third party resellers and I would be leery of relying on one for mission critical Internet.  I  got burned a few years back when Verizon abruptly cancelled Millenicom's master contract in October 2014.  We had 8 Millenicom routers serving mountaintop transmitter sites and got less than two weeks notice to find replacement service.

Verizon said they would absorb the accounts, but it took over two hours on the phone with Verizon customer service to get everything transferred over.  When all was said and done, we wound up with less data at greater cost than what we were getting from Millenicom.

I bow to your superior knowledge of this topic...

My Data usage is from working...I"m just a woman doing her best to survive among the know it alls..

Hotspots are ok.. If what you do is cloud based ....but for the serious users,..you need something stronger.

Myself and many others still work for a living...but now its on the road

I am not going to get into a contest on whos hardware is better.....or whos plan is better...

Once again,,,I am not the seller...but yet you feel the need to come in and chastise me for for what my viewing habits ...

this is something I am only sharing..

IF you don't like it...don't buy it.....how many ethernet ports does your jetpack have, does it supply a strong WIFi signal of its own ? .that is configurable to multiple users.  Can you connect a smart device or a printer to your Jetpack.......  sir....I had one of those....didn't work for me..my work demands were more than it could give....ME....I have a mobile office...not just an entertainment center...

.and like I said,,,if yours does what you need it to....more power to ya...

OH and this also works on other carriers,,,not just Verizon

RamblinRec: why ask us when there are experts that we all use and here is a list of their guides -- https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/featured/  including one on tips for working remotely.  They are working and mobile and their business is keeping up with mobile internet.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

We commonly use around 150 GB monthly between AT&T and Verizon unlimited plans, including streaming TV, VOIP phone calls, and VPN use. Frequently all at the same time. Between our two hotspots, cell phones, and tablets connecting to our Max Amp RV cell booster/repeater, we've yet to land anywhere we could not get a usable signal. As for speeds, the screen capture below is from my Tracfone/Verizon phone when we were near Oneonta, NY a couple of days ago.

lDS5V3Xl.png

Dutch

Archived