Sign in to follow this  
ewacowboy

Boondock through Harvest Host

With plenty of solar and battery we are considering joining Harvest Host as an alternative to boondocking at Walmarts and Cabelas.  Does anyone have experience with this group?  Our travel style is to leave by 9:00am for our next destination and I'm not sure we could give the host the necessary gratuity in a short 18 to 20 hour stay.

I look at their website every so often, but so far, they don't have any hosts in areas where we travel.  I think it's a great idea, though, if they're located along your route.  While I haven't read all the details, I didn't realize you're supposed to give the hosts a gratuity.

6 hours ago, LindaH said:

I look at their website every so often, but so far, they don't have any hosts in areas where we travel.  I think it's a great idea, though, if they're located along your route.  While I haven't read all the details, I didn't realize you're supposed to give the hosts a gratuity.

It's not really a gratuity....HH just asks that you make a small purchase from the hosts to show your appreciation.

7 hours ago, LindaH said:

50 minutes ago, ewacowboy said:

It's not really a gratuity....HH just asks that you make a small purchase from the hosts to show your appreciation.

Just buy a bottle of wine from them, and tell others if it's good!

6 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Just buy a bottle of wine from them, and tell others if it's good!

If you don't drink wine you can bring it to your next group gathering where someone will probably drink it for you. :)

Linda