Escapes BOF - Military & Veterans

StraitRVing

Hello everyone. I have received the formal approval of the board in regards to the BOF - Military & Veterans.  Escapees BOF - Military & Veterans is now an official BOF.  As this a BOF and not a chapter, there is no requirement for elected leadership, By-Laws, various reports, etc. However, the BOF must abide by Escapees Directives and submit a membership roster annually. 

Here is a brief description of the BOF: The purpose of this BOF is to provide military, veterans, and Gold Star families the opportunity to continue with food, fun, fellowship, and camping/RVing with others that have or still are serving, in the United States and Canadian Armed Forces.

MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA
1. Active member in good standing with Escapees.
2. Any honorable discharged military veteran, Active Duty, Reserves, National Guard, and Gold Star (parents, children, spouse) families of the United States and Canadian Armed Forces.
Verification is required. Verification will be done by viewing your unexpired Escapees ID card with the Military emblem on it which shows Escapees has verified your military service. Gold Star family’s verification process is yet to be determined. Currently checking with various Gold Star family associations to find out the best method to accomplish this

BOF Activities
1. Social interaction through food, fun, fellowship, camping, and RVing.
2. Help fellow active duty, veterans, and Gold Star families.
3. Various projects to help active duty, veterans, and Gold Star families.
4. Support our Military.

DUES - None

NEWSLETTER - Digital only. It will be created at a later date.

EMAIL: An email list will be created so that we can send out the digital newsletter. More will be posted about that when it is setup.

BLOG: A blog will be created at a later date.

WEBSITE: A web presence will be through the Escapees BOF page.

Richard "Doc" Strait, USN Retired

2017 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB

Point of Contact for the Military, Veterans, and Gold Star Families BOF

Sounds like a good idea. There was a veteran's BOF a long time back, or so I believe. BOF groups do tend to come and go. If you would like, I am willing to assist you in some parts of the organization. If you wish, just drop me a PM and let me know.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thank you Kirk for the reply.  I too thought that there was a BOF for the military and veterans at one time.  Lockie does not recall one actually have been setup as a BOF, C-BOF, or chapter.  I will send you a PM.

Best regards,

Richard "Doc"

10 hours ago, StraitRVing said:

Lockie does not recall one actually have been setup as a BOF, C-BOF, or chapter. 

It may have been before she worked at Escapees. I think that it has been gone for 10 years or so. But it is also possible that it wasn't Escapees that had it too. My memory isn't always reliable!  🤔

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I believe memory is tied into having hair any color besides white and gray.  I also think it is tied into the amount of hair.  Once you hair color goes, or the hair, and has become white and/or gray then the memory goes with it.  Kinda like it was a storage for memory...LOL

• 4 weeks later...