Fridge Defend Norcold 1210

Ski

Yesterday, we had high winds and a good bit of rain on the fridge side of our fifth wheel. Not sure if this was the cause, but the high limit switch tripped. Once it dries out, I will try to reset it using a powerful magnet as mentioned on numerous forums.

This morning, I ordered  Fridge Defend unit with two fridge and two vent fans. My question is, those of you that have installed the Fridge Defend, what did you do with the P-010 (Norcolds added modification  high limit safety switch)?

Al

2008 Holiday Rambler 5th wheel 36'

1 minute ago, Ski said:

My question is, those of you that have installed the Fridge Defend, what did you do with the P-010 (Norcolds added modification  high limit safety switch)?

Absolutely nothing. The Defend does not invade any of the Norcold wiring or circuitry. What it does is to turn off power to the refrigerator if the boiler temperature gets too high and turn it back on once things cool down. You should not do anything to the present controls. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

The ARP unit installation instructions instruct the installer to wire both the Norcold recall box and the Fridge Defend in series. To do otherwise may leave the installer open to a lawsuit should it catch fire.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961