Kindle E Reader Froze?

Velos

I bought a Kindle in November after getting good advice from several readers here. DH loves it for reading.  Unfortunately it froze this am?  I Googled "Kindle Freezing Up" and found this info https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200829000

I tried turning it off and on and holding for 40 seconds. I thought about unplugging the battery and found a video for that but I don't have the tool to open the case.

So far I am not able to reset as I can't get to a screen to give me options. Right now I am leaving it on and waiting for the battery to run out then recharge it and see if it will work. 

I would appreciate any suggestions. 

Thank you.

I have a Kindle eReader and my suggestion is to go to the Amazon website and at the very bottom, you'll find a link to their HELP desk.  Follow the links to that and you'll be able to use your computer to get online help to fix your issue.  They have a chat service that is knowledgeable and should get you going again.  Hope this helps.

If you bought the Kindle NEW in November, it is under warranty. If you can't get it going, call them. I have replaced two different Kindles under warranty. In one case the fault was my own and I was merely calling to inquire about getting it repaired and they replaced it at no cost. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

I went to Best Buy and they have a free 15 minute "nerd session", learn something new every day.  They weren't able to help me and said since I didn't have extended warranty from Best Buy they couldn't help but to try Amazon. Don't know why my Kindle only had a 90 days and not 1 year as posted on the website but I got on their customer service chat and retried the reboot several times. 

Amazon chat confirmed I do have a defective unit but they wouldn't replace it but did give me several discounts after my extensive questioning.  I hadn't bought the accident insurance and don't usually but they said for $19 for 2 years if my next one is defective, or up to 3 defective units in 2 years,  I would get a new one free of charge. The chat session was very informative so not a total loss.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ha! Same thing happened to me. I opened it by bending it until the screen cracked. Then I tossed it in file 13. I suspect the battery died from lack of use on my part and would not recharge properly.

"RINGO" 2005 VOLVO 670 D12 465hp/Freedomline Transmission 3.42 w/locker and smart car bed.

By Gregg Shields at RVHAULERS

“Penny Lane” 2018 DRV HOUSTON

"ABBEY" 2013 smart for-two Passion

"Tilly" Irish Wolfhound/lab mix  ( Good Memories)

You didn't mention which model/type of Kindle you have so its very hard to troubleshoot. If you have a fire type, the typical android volume control + power button reboot can usually solve several problems. If you have an older model it does depend a great deal on which one. For example, the 3rd gen keyboard type and those before can sometimes be recovered by removing the books on the device via a data cable from a laptop/computer to the device. The 30 second power hold is another method as mentioned.

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring