Pulled trailer for the firs time last night

Vegas Teacher

O.K. I have had my semi for just over two years now but I have never hooked up and pulled my trailer before. I pulled it for the first time last night. My trailer is a small one, under 25 feet bumper pull. I don't have direct link hooked up yet so I don't even have brakes yet. Now, when I hook it up to my 1/2 ton Tundra, I know it is back there, I can feel it, I can see it on the engine RPM's. On the semi there wasn't even a blip on the radar. I couldn't feel it, it didn't set my back end down and I didn't even notice any difference in stopping, it was awsome. Yes I am getting my direct link hooked up, but Oh Man what a difference. I drove about 10 miles round trip out to the Petro at the Race track and back to the house. I parked between two new 860's little nervous. I got gas also. I got a lot of funny looks from other truckers, then I explained what I was doing and why, they just nodded in agreement. Nobody asked me if I thought I had enough truck.

In short I loved it!

If you go on Face book HDT you can see my pictures of it.

Later,

Vegas Teacher - Cory Ossana - Happy Friday

Sounds like it is getting close to time to actually take a trip with the rig and the trailer.  The WCR would be a good place to go. ;)  We’ve got space for you.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

1 hour ago, Vegas Teacher said:

It was awsome pulling with the tractor vs. the truck. Do you still have space at the WCR?????

We always have room for someone who wants to come.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

7 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Sounds like it is getting close to time to actually take a trip with the rig and the trailer.  The WCR would be a good place to go. ;)  We’ve got space for you.

Ya Teach

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

On 4/5/2019 at 10:55 AM, runaway parents said:

We have a dry eras board in our trailer that we mark tally marks on how many times we where ask do you think you have a big enough truck. We start this at the beginning of the camping season. Kind of make a game of it .

One guy said to me, I think you are over your GVWR. I straight faced said thats OK it has air bags. I thought he was going to fall over laughing.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.