Is this a good deal?

jan50

Hello,
Do any experienced people out there think this is a good price for this vehicle?  I am looking for something simple that will allow me to work remotely.  I won't be doing any real traveling with it.  
https://greenville.craigslist.org/rvs/d/travelers-rest-sprinter-campervan/6834200715.html   

The style and layout are exactly what I'm looking for. I'm just not sure if the price is good for the year / mileage.  

Any feedback is appreciated...

Thank you!
Jann

Look up the base vehicle year/make/model on NADA for your zip code and see what average retail would be.  Then try to figure out how much you are willing to pay for all that used appliance stuff they installed.  

After all of that and their price is even in the ballpark then maybe go check it out.  Those miles on a diesel shouldn't be an issue if they have some service records but of course those miles are on the whole van.  Since the interior is homemade a very close inspection is needed especially the electrical they added.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

According to NADA , the retail price of the van alone is $18,000. when I look up a 2010 Roactrek on the same chassis with the same mileage, it lists as average retail of $52,000. I doubt that you can consider the two to be the same inside so you need to somehow determine a way to compare them. Basically, you would be paying $11,000 for what the previous owner built into the van. A Roadtrek this clearly isn't nor is it close to the same thing. With something that is home built you really have to decide what it is worth to you. Does it have any waste water tank? How is access to the portaPoti for both use and emptying? Where will you bathe if you travel in it? Does everything work and is it in good condition? You probably would be wise to have an RV tech check it over before you buy.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

To me that is a lot of miles on the van. Many people don't seem to have a problem with that, I do. If you paid that and soon thereafter you had transmission or other drive train issues you might not like that. I have, every time I tried to purchase a diesel pickup, had to buy new because of the prices they wanted for pickups with so many miles was so high. The down side is that my current truck, 2019 F350 XLT, longbed, diesel, 4X4, CC was $64,000 but they did give me $25,000, or 69% of what I paid for my 2011 F250 XLT, CC, longbed, diesel with 53,000 miles. Good Luck.

The only added item that concerns me is the solar panels are flexible ones. Plus it is a 2500 so I would want to drive it over a scale to see how close it is to its gross vehicle weight rating. With those caveats, yes, this is a good price.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Figure in you'll be emptying that porta-potty every day and probably refilling the fresh water "containers" every day or two. There is so little room inside you'll be spending much of the day outside except when it's raining.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

5 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

Figure in you'll be emptying that porta-potty every day and probably refilling the fresh water "containers" every day or two. There is so little room inside you'll be spending much of the day outside except when it's raining.

When we had a nine gallon black tank we had to empty it twice a week but there were two of us and women simply use more TP than men do and there's only one of you so you probably will also have to dump your smaller tank twice a week. The water containers used in a system like this are usually also five gallon ones. But at eight pounds per gallon of water those containers will be heavy. Just something to consider when making your decision.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Yeah the vehicle looks really great and well done. 

The only thing that worries is the miles. I would be also look at the other costs like tires, batteries, etc that could quickly add up in cost. 

Words To Live By:

• " Welcome To Our Campsite Where Friends And Marshmallows Get Toasted At The Same Time" - Me
  • " Every problem in the world can be fixed with one of two items. If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, WD-40." - Rving Review

States I've Visited:

VisitedStatesMap.gif

Archived