F150 Reliability Longevity

aztex

Howdy!

I just found a Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost FX4 at an amazing price!

Back in the 1980's I did not have the best luck with Fords and have been a happy Toyota guy since. Ready to switch out of a Tacoma to a Tundra but deep research and hands I'm luke warm on them. My concerns are the typical; under powered, low payload....

But the fact I have close to 1,000,000 trouble free and I mean absolute trouble free, not even a flat tire on 25+ years of Toyotas has me apprehensive..

I've studied all I can on the F150 but can't find what sort of longevity to expect.... I can imagine 500K from the Tundra...

Turbo charge always breaks down first...

I guess we only have 4 or 5 years of these current gens of the F150 so maybe not enough of a baseline to see if they will be rolling smooth at 500K..especially towing...

Thanks,

Az Tex

Only have about 45,000 on my 2012 and the only problem was a catalytic converter had to be replaced under warranty.  I have not towed with it but have flat towed it behind MH for about 30,000 miles in addition to the 45,00 on the clock.  I have not heard any horror stories about them.

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

1 hour ago, lenp said:

Only have about 45,000 on my 2012 and the only problem was a catalytic converter had to be replaced under warranty.  I have not towed with it but have flat towed it behind MH for about 30,000 miles in addition to the 45,00 on the clock.  I have not heard any horror stories about them.

Lenp

Some of the carcomplaints.com from as recent as 2016 have some disturbing NTSA complaints BUT they make so many diferrent versions and they all fall under F150....

I like everything about this truck but want it to last 5-10 years... like my Toyotas.....

So much "cooler" than the Tundra which is my only other choice....

Thanks,

Az Tex

8 hours ago, aztex said:

Some of the carcomplaints.com from as recent as 2016 have some disturbing NTSA complaints BUT they make so many diferrent versions and they all fall under F150....

I have a neighbor who tows a travel trailer with his and loves it, even after it replaced a diesel. His only complaint is that it does burn a lot of fuel when towing. He has now towed for about 70k and has a total of 115k with no problems of any kind. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived