Harvest Health and Rec. announced it would buy Verano

TLRam1

Anyone watching this company?

What is your take?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/16/harvest-ceo-850-million-verano-deal-is-just-the-beginning-for-us-pot.html?__source=yahoo|finance|headline|story|&par=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

Earlier this week, cannabis product retailer Harvest Health and Recreation announced it would buy competitor Verano Holdings for $850 million in an all-stock deal, marking the largest U.S. cannabis deal to date. The combined company will be one of the country's largest multi-state operators, presiding over as many as 200 facilities in 16 states.

"We have had an emphasis on profitability from the very beginning of our formation, when talking to Verano,  that they are like-minded in that respect," he said. "They have been running a profitable company for quite some time as well, which, as you know, in the U.S. cannabis industry is quite unique. There's only a few companies that actually run profitably. So, in this case, you've just combined two of them, so there's one less."

Shares of the company, which also trade over the counter, have climbed more than 52 percent year to date.

Edited by TLRam1

Terry

I see US companies as high risk until the "Federales" remove it from the Schedule 1 drug classification. https://www.greenentrepreneur.com/article/296559

As things are now there are a zillion opioid addicts in the US. We have a lot of dysfunctional alcoholics and as prohibition and the recent crack down on soccer mom and ex soccer mom opioid addicts has shown, addictive drugs only create an illegal market which criminals control. While Marijuana is distinct in that it is not addictive, and has been found to be very important medicinally for several serious illnesses, as well as universally effective as a muscle and nervous disorder treatment for anxiety and pain with no addictive actions. However without learned leadership the US is at risk of a proclamation or other conservative backlash to reverse gains made in the sanity of our chemical scheduling legislation. The problem here in the US is that a good non-addictive drug with so many uses, both with the THC and without, by  isolating the CBD pain relieving fraction, is insanity to keep illegal. Worse it does not allow US recreational Marijuana companies access to banking since they come under federal regulation. Worse, we see the jails still full with far too many jailed for the victimless crime of personal marijuana use.

Keeping it illegal keeps the price high, and the criminal with guns hiding their growing fields, and killing innocent hikers and tourists who happen upon them.

No one smuggles in beer across any of our borders because it is legal here and there is no profit in the cost to smuggle it in. Like Marijuana it is sold only to adults when legal and the taxes increase state revenues. Want to solve the national debt? Federal excise taxes that are reasonable would solve the criminal, jail, and banking issues the stupid resistance to legalizing MJ, caused at the federal level, by not putting it in the same controllable category as alcohol.

I tried CBD only pills in Colorado and the ability to try varying strengths and varying amounts of THC to get the muscle relaxation without being intoxicated can only be done by experimentation by each individual. That requires both medicinal and recreational legality at the federal level.

Let's stop subsidizing the criminals that are now supplying heroin and pills to opioid addicts that were normal middle class and upper class people until their docs got them hooked and then the feds yanked their legal ability to get the drugs they were addicted to out from under them. The sudden concern with stopping the pill mills too late caused a whole new illegal market to folks with money (they had health care!) I don't drink but don't run around judging those who do, or write letters to legislators asking for alcohol to be made illegal again.

A child can get marijuana easier today than a six pack of beer. They don't need to convince an adult to buy marijuana for them. And I am sure they can get MJ in about ten minutes. So the laws do not work, the criminals make money, and the federal revenues are down because of subsidies to the wealthy. Is this a tax source we can dismiss on the one hand, after creating the deficit by unfunding our country's internal revenue?

And we complain about welfare but pay to house, clothe, feed, and provide free health care in jail to people for smoking MJ?

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I am only in one US pot stock.  They currently have the largest footprint, stores in the US.  And they have a Chest full of cash.  The big problem like stated is the Fed has not desceduled pot.  Because of this for the states that have made weed legal.  They have to grow and sell with in each state.  As transporting pot across state lines makes it Federal.  Not to mention the banking issues because of the Fed.  The Farm bill was a great first step for hemp.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

I think this coming year is going to be a frenzy of weed companies buying other weed companies.  

“$850 million in an all-stock deal”

Some issues are that these small companies are diluting there stock to much.  As they have no real cash to acquire companies.

I think that is a good call. Lots of companies thought the initial run up of two of the top three, my ACB being the third would continue for all but there will not only be lots of consolidations as well as folks who don't make it.

I'm happy with my 5k shares of ACB, and 1000 of NBEV. Like with Tesla I'm holding very long term, at least 2-5 years.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

CURLF gained 52% in the week last. It has turned around ad we will see if it bumps back. The old saw was never more true than in today's pot stocks, he who hesitates is (has) lost.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

6 hours ago, RV_ said:

CURLF gained 52% in the week last. It has turned around ad we will see if it bumps back. The old saw was never more true than in today's pot stocks, he who hesitates is (has) lost.

It will.  Like you, I am in it for the long hall.  CVS is only putting it in 8 states where there stores are.   Imagine when they do a full roll-out.  

Ryno,

Excellent pick for domestic US coverage and as more states decide to tax and control recreational pot, rather than let the cartels get that  money and pay no tax, your picks and my picks will do very well long term. ACB did a spike to a peak, dropped and is again on the rise near the peak again. Long is usually the smart play.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

• 2 weeks later...

Finally have my funds consolidated and ready to make a move on stocks, now it is when to buy?

Currently looking to buy these, what percentage of funds for each, do you go heavy with one vs the other?

Which companies are profitable?

The biggest gainers are Aurora, Charlottes and Curaleaf.

Aurora Cannabis Inc.

HEXO Corp. 

Harvest Health & Recreation Inc 

Charlotte's Web Holdings, Inc.

Curaleaf Holdings, Inc.

New Age Beverages Corporation

Edited by TLRam1

Terry

On 4/9/2019 at 11:47 PM, TLRam1 said:

Finally have my funds consolidated and ready to make a move on stocks, now it is when to buy?

Currently looking to buy these, what percentage of funds for each, do you go heavy with one vs the other?

Which companies are profitable?

The biggest gainers are Aurora, Charlottes and Curaleaf.

Aurora Cannabis Inc.

HEXO Corp. 

Harvest Health & Recreation Inc 

Charlotte's Web Holdings, Inc.

Curaleaf Holdings, Inc.

New Age Beverages Corporation

There are a lot of pot stocks out there and the options are growing everyday.

Another play on this would be with GWPH.  Just do lots of reading, research.  Listen to some earnings calls.

GWPH  is $172 now.

I realize is can be a moving target and not knowing which will do what is why I am looking at those above, maybe some I am missing and if a hot stock or upstart comes aboard with a good upside we need to communicate this and watch it. 

NBEV is expanding the Walmart deal with the Marley drinks, hoping they will start showing a profit and take off.

Terry