Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What really help find the problem was that I threatened it with abandonment next to an old 3 hole buick.

Not that cheap...in keeping with Volvo standards, the sensor is $350. Plus some labor to diagnose, remove, and reinstall. Looking for a test run on Wednesday. Gonna throw an oil sample test at it as well.

Now, does anybody know who where to get some custom rattle can paint mixed up?

And thanks to all for the ideas, suggestions and humor. And payback opportunities.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adept99 said:

What really help find the problem was that I threatened it with abandonment next to an old 3 hole buick.

Not that cheap...in keeping with Volvo standards, the sensor is $350. Plus some labor to diagnose, remove, and reinstall. Looking for a test run on Wednesday. Gonna throw an oil sample test at it as well.

Now, does anybody know who where to get some custom rattle can paint mixed up?

And thanks to all for the ideas, suggestions and humor. And payback opportunities.

 

O’Reillys here does custom rattle cans I believe.  Or try giving these folks a call.  I gave them my paint number and they matched for touch up paint. http://www.automotivetouchup.com/

If you have a number and can’t find it locally in your area, I might can get you a can and bring to ECR.  Paint number should be on door pillar tag.

Edited by SuiteSuccess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that we have that "squirrel" safely out of the way, back to the original thread.................

For the "Tinker Session",  I neglected to mention that I will have a shoot'n range at the shop, suitable for handguns.  Just regular pistols, not some fancy thing with a scope and a 9" barrel.  That's a couple miles away, and can handle long guns as well.

Of course, bb guns are the most fun, and the targets last longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rickeieio said:

not some fancy thing with a scope and a 9" barrel

but those can be real fun 🙉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Now that we have that "squirrel" safely out of the way, back to the original thread.................

For the "Tinker Session",  I neglected to mention that I will have a shoot'n range at the shop, suitable for handguns.  Just regular pistols, not some fancy thing with a scope and a 9" barrel.  That's a couple miles away, and can handle long guns as well.

Of course, bb guns are the most fun, and the targets last longer.

We also have a range right outside the front gate at the ECR. Have gun, will travel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay folks, I just pencilled in June 6-10th for this non-event.  Two campgrounds within reasonable distance, Indian Springs  http://indianspringscampground.com/  is only a couple miles away and can handle our rigs.  Or Little Farm on the River  http://www.littlefarmresort.com/ is adout 1/2 hour away, but has many more big sites.  Many of you have stayed there.

For reference, my shop is Pope Farms of Ohio, 10271 Suspension Bridge Rd., Harrison, OH.  It's on Google Maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2019 at 9:27 AM, rickeieio said:

Okay folks, I just pencilled in June 6-10th for this non-event.  Two campgrounds within reasonable distance, Indian Springs  http://indianspringscampground.com/  is only a couple miles away and can handle our rigs.  Or Little Farm on the River  http://www.littlefarmresort.com/ is adout 1/2 hour away, but has many more big sites.  Many of you have stayed there.

For reference, my shop is Pope Farms of Ohio, 10271 Suspension Bridge Rd., Harrison, OH.  It's on Google Maps.

Gail and I will be there. We are booked at Little Farm until the end of June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're gonna have a good time, even if we don't fix much.  We can handle oil changes, etc. too.  Bring your supplies, I have drain pans and a used oil tank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure would love to attend. We will be in Gatlinburg the first half of June.

I love fixing things almost as I love breaking things. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to get tags still, if I made this one, it would be a miracle, but i want to go to the one scheduled for next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tick, tock, tick, tock...........

Less than a week.  Can I have a show of hands?  We can start Thursday if anyone's ready.  I can leave a couple of trucks in the shop overnight if we don't finish something.  I have shade, fans, and a shop cat for entertainment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you still above water?

souds a little damp up there.

i won’t be able to make it, but i would love to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T'is a bit moist.....  Rivers are running high and muddy, what corn is planted is a bit "yaller".

But the Tinker Weekend is a GO!  We had supper with Steve and Gail Dixon this evening, and tossed about some ideas.  First, there will be no, I repeat, NO, organized seminars, classes, or mandatory events.  Just good ol' fun projects and fix it sessions.  Grease under the fingernails is guaranteed.

On Thursday evening, there's a free concert just up the river from Little Farm, in Lawrenceburg, IN.  Music is '50s-'60s, cruise in, and a sprinkling of vendors.  It might be fun to cruise in with a handfull of smarts......  Bring your own lawn chairs.    https://www.thinklawrenceburg.com/news/main-street-news/2019-music-on-the-river-schedule/

Depending on how many folks show up, and how inspired we get, we may fire up a grill at the shop.  Or get lazy and go grab a bilte.

Shooting range will be thrown together to accomodate however many people bring iron.  Small bore and handgun will be right behind the shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't have anything specific in mind to work on, but if everything else fails, we'll just bust something on the way up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, it looks like Dixons, Churches, and the Popes may be the sum of our gathering.  But we never know if we might drag in some stragglers......

Steve has to leave early to play bird man, the Churches have an appointment up north in camperville, and Susan will be helping play nurse with a grandson who had minor surgery yesterday.

But,  the weather looks nice for Thursday evening to go to the concert/cruise in.  And I have an air dryer cartridge sitting here, and a new leveling valve, fuel filter, oil filter, and some other stuff ready to go.  We'll stay busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pete; are you offering to use your tractor to tow a target wwwaaaaayyyyyy out yonder or did I misinterpret that last blurb...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, adept99 said:

Pete; are you offering to use your tractor to tow a target wwwaaaaayyyyyy out yonder or did I misinterpret that last blurb...

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be fun.  Sometimes a cheering section is all you need to get you over the hump.

Today we took down the spare tire rack in Steve Dixon's cargo box, straightened it, welded the break, and re-inforced it.  It's all back together now with some tweaking to make it easier to get the wheel back off.  Copper tube sleeves now are wear bushings so the threads don't dig into the aluminum wheels.

Tomorrow we dig into the pass through manifold and put o-rings in fittings.  If we do well enough, we'll pull my truck in and do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...