Tinker Week?

rickeieio

What really help find the problem was that I threatened it with abandonment next to an old 3 hole buick.

Not that cheap...in keeping with Volvo standards, the sensor is $350. Plus some labor to diagnose, remove, and reinstall. Looking for a test run on Wednesday. Gonna throw an oil sample test at it as well.

Now, does anybody know who where to get some custom rattle can paint mixed up?

And thanks to all for the ideas, suggestions and humor. And payback opportunities.

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, adept99 said:

What really help find the problem was that I threatened it with abandonment next to an old 3 hole buick.

Not that cheap...in keeping with Volvo standards, the sensor is $350. Plus some labor to diagnose, remove, and reinstall. Looking for a test run on Wednesday. Gonna throw an oil sample test at it as well.

Now, does anybody know who where to get some custom rattle can paint mixed up?

And thanks to all for the ideas, suggestions and humor. And payback opportunities.

O’Reillys here does custom rattle cans I believe.  Or try giving these folks a call.  I gave them my paint number and they matched for touch up paint. http://www.automotivetouchup.com/

If you have a number and can’t find it locally in your area, I might can get you a can and bring to ECR.  Paint number should be on door pillar tag.

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Now that we have that "squirrel" safely out of the way, back to the original thread.................

For the "Tinker Session",  I neglected to mention that I will have a shoot'n range at the shop, suitable for handguns.  Just regular pistols, not some fancy thing with a scope and a 9" barrel.  That's a couple miles away, and can handle long guns as well.

Of course, bb guns are the most fun, and the targets last longer.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

5 hours ago, rickeieio said:

not some fancy thing with a scope and a 9" barrel

but those can be real fun 🙉

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

6 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Now that we have that "squirrel" safely out of the way, back to the original thread.................

For the "Tinker Session",  I neglected to mention that I will have a shoot'n range at the shop, suitable for handguns.  Just regular pistols, not some fancy thing with a scope and a 9" barrel.  That's a couple miles away, and can handle long guns as well.

Of course, bb guns are the most fun, and the targets last longer.

We also have a range right outside the front gate at the ECR. Have gun, will travel.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

• 4 weeks later...

Okay folks, I just pencilled in June 6-10th for this non-event.  Two campgrounds within reasonable distance, Indian Springs  http://indianspringscampground.com/  is only a couple miles away and can handle our rigs.  Or Little Farm on the River  http://www.littlefarmresort.com/ is adout 1/2 hour away, but has many more big sites.  Many of you have stayed there.

For reference, my shop is Pope Farms of Ohio, 10271 Suspension Bridge Rd., Harrison, OH.  It's on Google Maps.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2019 at 9:27 AM, rickeieio said:

Okay folks, I just pencilled in June 6-10th for this non-event.  Two campgrounds within reasonable distance, Indian Springs  http://indianspringscampground.com/  is only a couple miles away and can handle our rigs.  Or Little Farm on the River  http://www.littlefarmresort.com/ is adout 1/2 hour away, but has many more big sites.  Many of you have stayed there.

For reference, my shop is Pope Farms of Ohio, 10271 Suspension Bridge Rd., Harrison, OH.  It's on Google Maps.

Gail and I will be there. We are booked at Little Farm until the end of June.

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

Would like to come play but I will be in Idaho then. WCR is calling.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

We're gonna have a good time, even if we don't fix much.  We can handle oil changes, etc. too.  Bring your supplies, I have drain pans and a used oil tank. 

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

• 3 weeks later...

Tick, tock, tick, tock...........

Less than a week.  Can I have a show of hands?  We can start Thursday if anyone's ready.  I can leave a couple of trucks in the shop overnight if we don't finish something.  I have shade, fans, and a shop cat for entertainment.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

T'is a bit moist.....  Rivers are running high and muddy, what corn is planted is a bit "yaller".

But the Tinker Weekend is a GO!  We had supper with Steve and Gail Dixon this evening, and tossed about some ideas.  First, there will be no, I repeat, NO, organized seminars, classes, or mandatory events.  Just good ol' fun projects and fix it sessions.  Grease under the fingernails is guaranteed.

On Thursday evening, there's a free concert just up the river from Little Farm, in Lawrenceburg, IN.  Music is '50s-'60s, cruise in, and a sprinkling of vendors.  It might be fun to cruise in with a handfull of smarts......  Bring your own lawn chairs.    https://www.thinklawrenceburg.com/news/main-street-news/2019-music-on-the-river-schedule/

Depending on how many folks show up, and how inspired we get, we may fire up a grill at the shop.  Or get lazy and go grab a bilte.

Shooting range will be thrown together to accomodate however many people bring iron.  Small bore and handgun will be right behind the shop.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

Don't have anything specific in mind to work on, but if everything else fails, we'll just bust something on the way up.

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

At this point, it looks like Dixons, Churches, and the Popes may be the sum of our gathering.  But we never know if we might drag in some stragglers......

Steve has to leave early to play bird man, the Churches have an appointment up north in camperville, and Susan will be helping play nurse with a grandson who had minor surgery yesterday.

But,  the weather looks nice for Thursday evening to go to the concert/cruise in.  And I have an air dryer cartridge sitting here, and a new leveling valve, fuel filter, oil filter, and some other stuff ready to go.  We'll stay busy.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

Pete; are you offering to use your tractor to tow a target wwwaaaaayyyyyy out yonder or did I misinterpret that last blurb...

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

23 minutes ago, adept99 said:

Pete; are you offering to use your tractor to tow a target wwwaaaaayyyyyy out yonder or did I misinterpret that last blurb...

:P

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

That would be fun.  Sometimes a cheering section is all you need to get you over the hump.

Today we took down the spare tire rack in Steve Dixon's cargo box, straightened it, welded the break, and re-inforced it.  It's all back together now with some tweaking to make it easier to get the wheel back off.  Copper tube sleeves now are wear bushings so the threads don't dig into the aluminum wheels.

Tomorrow we dig into the pass through manifold and put o-rings in fittings.  If we do well enough, we'll pull my truck in and do the same.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN