mail theft?

packnrat

hi new to the escapees "club".

but i just received my first issue sent to me (not received others?).

i showed to the post office worker, as someone working for the post office opened said mag,   both seal were broken.

has this been a issue for others?

i pay for this, so I should be the first to read it. then sure it can be given away, left at the Dr office, etc.

yes i call this theft, as someone detoured it, so they could read something while in the porcelain chamber.

I think almost every sealed magazine I've ever gotten had one or more seals broken. I've seen how busy and automated the USPS sorting centers are, so I never worried about it. I'm pretty sure the various carriers I've had over the years haven't all singled out my magazines as the ones to read on their break. Now if I found coupons clipped out or notes written in the margins maybe... ;)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I really doubt anyone is bothering to read them. More likely the seals are breaking during the automated sorting and routing process.

Dutch

10 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

I really doubt anyone is bothering to read them. More likely the seals are breaking during the automated sorting and routing process.

A downside of robotics.

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

sounds possible.

all i know is back when i paid to have mags sent to my house, they kept showing up two weeks after i could buy them on the stand. and they looked very bad, but then the company's shipping them out started using sealed clear baggies, they started showing up two weeks before on the sales stand.

so i base what i know, to say what i say.

Ok, so obviously there was a slow reading postal employee somewhere that was targeting your magazines and putting his job on the line by taking them home for a leisurely read. It's a good thing the publishers started bagging them to prevent that instead of doing it to minimize handling damaging them.

Dutch

11 hours ago, sandsys said:

A downside of robotics.

image.png.7abb7d9580030ee51aec2ac489b2038c.png We receive some really  mangled mail these days. It is not unusual to not receive our water bill postcard, then get someone else's next month.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

59 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

image.png.7abb7d9580030ee51aec2ac489b2038c.png We receive some really  mangled mail these days. It is not unusual to not receive our water bill postcard, then get someone else's next month.

Post office is not gentle with mail.  3 times I ordered from cross country a dozen hatching eggs, 3 times, even though each one was wrapped very well in bubble wrap, all I got was scrambled eggs.  At 1k per box, I have come to hate the post office.  Takes forever to get shipping insurance to pay....grrrr  Did not matter that all the boxes were marked on all sides extremely fragile.  I think that is their clue to play soccer with packages....

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

3 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Ok, so obviously there was a slow reading postal employee

My magazine is delivered with my Priority Mail so no seal.

About 60 years ago my Dad received a gift subscription to Playboy. The Mailman told Dad that he would have excellent reading material. Dad told the mailman he didn't have any problem with him looking at the magazine. After that, the day the Playboy was delivered the mail came after lunch.

The Shadow Knows

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Archived