Rv Insurance

LFPEM2019

Hello,

Called today for insurance at Progressive and Foremost for full timer's insurance and was quote $6200.00 and $5,750.00 a year.

That seems to be really high for a 2010 Foretravel Nimbus and my perfect driving history.

I have pulled various types of trailers most of life so I know it is not a lack of experience.

Do anyone have a source for a reasonable insurer for a Class A?

Edward

I got GEICO for my 2015 DP and have fulltimers coverage. I have high limits ($500,000 liability and $20,000 personal effects) so that I can have a $1,000,000 umbrella policy too, which only costs $197 per year. I have a SO Dakota domicile and a $1,000 deductible and pay $1,150 every 6 months including my tow vehicle a 2017 Jeep Wrangler. It also includes roadside assistance. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Contact one of the independent insurance agencies that specialize in RVs, they know who offers the best rates for certain type vehicles & coverages. I used Miller but there are several other good ones as well. look in the Escapees commercial directory listing or wait for more input here  

Don't push the Liability limits too high in your base policy. Its much cheaper to buy increased Liability in an umbrella policy. Although it will require a certain minimum liability coverage in your base policy, mine required 250,000/500,000 to get an additional $2 mil in the umbrella. 

I pay about $1300 a year for complete coverage of my class A motorhome, and another $200 for the umbrella policy. I have 6 other vehicles on separate policies with the same company.

Jim

3 hours ago, LFPEM2019 said:

Called today for insurance at Progressive and Foremost for full timer's insurance and was quote $6200.00 and $5,750.00 a year.

What state are you trying to have this policy written in? I'm sure a lot of folks would be curious to know.

Lots of changes happening in RV insurance underwriting. We just bought a new rig and we had to switch to Progressive for our 39' 5er and MDT since the company that we had been with for 8 years no longer writes for trailers over 35'. 

We are also very happy with our full timers policy with GEICO. 2018 Montana fiver & 2012 F350 both with excellent full coverage to include roadside. $1600.00 yearly based in Tennessee. Switched from Progressive 7 years ago because they kept going up, up, UP with zero claims!

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

Archived