2019 Balloon Rally in October

We would like some help. We are just starting our adventure in Early August. We want to go to the Balloon Rally in NM in October. We have seen all the great videos from the U tubers we follow. Less Junk more Journey and Marc and Julie Rv love and many more. The question I had is we are planning on coming on the first day and staying to the end of it. We would like to camp together with other Escapees members, but when I went on the this site and put in the information 1,000 +price ticket was there for 1 and 3 packages with all different meals etc. We do not want to stay there. We saw people talking about a $20-30 dollar a day camping and $10 entrance fees to the balloons. Can you help us figure out where we can get the tickets and be part of a group. Who do we need to contact etc. Thank you all so much. 

Also what is the difference between Escapees and Xcapees?

Just like I joined another  group called Great RV Escapes and found out that it wasn't  the one I wanted to join. Now I am confused that I might have joined the wrong one again. Being is a newbie is getting harder and harder. We have camped for over 30 for vacations and never was with a group. Thanks again. 

We would enjoy any help on this as we are excited join the fun. 

Dreams do come true.

Terry and Bob 

You are at the right spot. Each year there is a HOP(Head Out Program) for the Balloon Festival(actually 3 separate ones) and I believe the Boomers(a BOF-Birds of a Feather) also have a Balloon Festival meet-up.  The HOP is the only option for the entire time. The Festival is also all boondocking unless you stay at a cg away from the festival and I don't know of any group that does that.

I am confused about what you want to do. You say you don't want to stay at the Balloon Festival but you want to camp with other Escapees.  That is mutually exclusive. Also, commuting to the festival is a traffic horror.

Regarding pricing. If you go to the Balloon Festival website boondocking is $40/night plus your entrance fee which is not posted yet but is well over $10/day. You have been reading old information.

Good luck in your RVing adventures, you will enjoy the life once you acclimate.

Welcome to your new adventure!

The balloon festival is wonderful!  What a great way to kick off your new lifestyle!

You might consider volunteering as a campground host for the festival, this would provide you with a free RV spot.  There are also other jobs besides working the campground that provides you with free entry fees then all you will have are your boondocking fee's.

Here is the link to more information:

https://balloonfiesta.com/Volunteers

Best of luck to you!

14 hours ago, Dreams do come true said:

Also what is the difference between Escapees and Xcapees?

Xscapers is an offshoot of Escapees with a web portal and events aimed towards the needs of younger working age RVers.

Both groups have the same membership benefits and all Escapees and Xscapers are welcome to participate in all events.  For example,  I joined a group of Xscapers at the Habitat For Humanity build they sponsored last summer in Colorado and you'll see a large contingent of Xscapers at the upcoming Escapade.

5 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

Xscapers is an offshoot of Escapees with a web portal and events aimed towards the needs of younger working age RVers.

Both groups have the same membership benefits and all Escapees and Xscapers are welcome to participate in all events.  For example,  I joined a group of Xscapers at the Habitat For Humanity build they sponsored last summer in Colorado and you'll see a large contingent of Xscapers at the upcoming Escapade.

Thank you so much. I appreciate it so much. I hope our paths cross some day. So Looking forward to traveling. 

12 hours ago, LifeSong said:

Welcome to your new adventure!

The balloon festival is wonderful!  What a great way to kick off your new lifestyle!

You might consider volunteering as a campground host for the festival, this would provide you with a free RV spot.  There are also other jobs besides working the campground that provides you with free entry fees then all you will have are your boondocking fee's.

Here is the link to more information:

https://balloonfiesta.com/Volunteers

Best of luck to you!

Thanks so much my husband and I love the idea of volunteering. We have done so much of that thought out the years. We are going to send in an application. Are you going to be there? If so I would love the meet you at some point. Terry and Bob "Dreams do come true" 

Check Coronado Village 505-823-2515. It is 1.3 miles from the balloon park. If you reserve, give them my name (Ron Corwin, space 228). The management is great. They have a park, pool and hot tub. It is gated. Really wide streets. I am 40 ft and tow with a HDT and have no problems getting into my space.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

10 hours ago, Dreams do come true said:

Thanks so much my husband and I love the idea of volunteering. We have done so much of that thought out the years. We are going to send in an application. Are you going to be there? If so I would love the meet you at some point. Terry and Bob "Dreams do come true" 

Not this year, still working full time.  Hopefully next year...

• 1 month later...

Archived