Need better headlights on the T2000

tyates007

So it is that time of year when I am prepping the truck for the season. Due to still working what seems all the time I do most of my driving at night. I seriously need to upgrade the headlights. Unlike the Volvo’s headlights I have not seen many options for the 7” round headlights on my KW T2000. I see lots of LED headlights that look like I could make fit but am unsure. If anyone has ideas that would be great. 

I'm not a fan of projector style headlights.  Those might be better, but my Ram has factory projector headlights, they stink to put it lightly.  Lots of Ram owners trying to remove them and put better lights on.  My brights are not as bright as the low beams on most other vehicles I've owned in the past.  Not saying those are bad, but I'd research them first.

Yes, I understand he is asking about HDT lights, I'm just putting my 2 cents on about projectors.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

I installed some new bulbs in my T2000 over the winter but have not used them yet.  Purchased through Summit Racing.

P# UPD-A5023-3  They were $17.99 ea. and came with a H4 halogen bulb.

Install was easy.  The hole in the dish needed to be opened to allow the bulb rubber grommet to clear. 

Jeff

Check with David Dixon at Deep Space Lighting. I thought he was working on some for the KW's. He typically is at the ECR rally if you are going or are nearby.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

The problem with the T 2 lights goes beyond the bulbs. The lights are recessed into the front of the truck, effectively giving a "Tunnel Vision" effect. I've got Rigid (formerly Truk-Lite) LED lights on ours, and they're better, but still not great. If going LED, and anticipating snow or freezing rain, get the heated lenses.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Archived