New member questions on domicile

wvkeith

Just wanted to run this scenario by people who've been there and done that.  I'm a resident of WV and I work a traveling healthcare job.  I go all over the US and I'm currently assigned in Missouri.  I would like to use Escapees mail forwarding service and establish domicile in Texas.  I want to purchase an RV in GA and have it registered in TX.  Then I could take the RV to TX to get licensed and get my drivers license while I'm there.  Is that doable or will I need the TX drivers license before I buy the RV?  I don't want to register the RV in WV then have to turn around and change everything over to TX.

If you are buying it from a dealer, I would ask there title clerk or company that does there registrations.  Have you tried to call TX MVA?

As it would suck if someone posted up sure you are good, and then you latter find out that you could not.  When I personally need facts like this, I try to go to the source.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Welcome to the Escapee forums. You will need to establish an address with the Escapees first but to be sure exactly what you must do to register the RV call the Livingston license office and tell them exactly what you have in mind as they are used to assisting new Escapees. (936) 327-6801

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

X2 what Kirk said. Get your Escapees TX address first.  With the TX address you can purchase the RV and have it registured in TX. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

You have a WV drivers license?  Do they require different classes for different weight/sizes of RVs?  Some states do, some don't.  I don't know WV so that's my only 2.5 cents worth.  Other than that, enjoy!

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Archived