Nashville campgrounds

Danandfreda

Can anybody suggest any campgrounds in the Nashville area that is accommodating to bigger trailers? We are going to spend fri-mon Easter weekend there on the way to the ecr.  We have a 38 fifth wheel just wanting to hear some information on people who have stayed there want to be close to town. 

We have stayed at the Nasville KOA resort in Nashville on Briley Parkway. You also have a Yogi Bear Jellystone and Two Rivers campground there as well.

You do need to tell the folks at the KOA how long you are but we parked our truck, smart and trailer on our site. We have a Kenworth with large sleeper and a 40' fifth wheel.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

The last time I called the KOA on Briley and asked if they could accommodate a big truck and 5er, they said no.  Looks like things have changed.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

Thanks have seen then passing through but never stayed. Didn’t know if there were others besides those or if it makes sense to stay with easy access to the highway. Thanks for the info anyone better than the other? Probably wouldn’t be at the campground much want to see some of Nashville any suggestions there? Not into the new country stars but want to see the old places that the good country music came from. Thanks for the information 

Friends of ours have stayed here with International and 40’.

http://www.grandolervresort.com/

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Although I wouldn't particularly recommend the park, the Nashville North KOA has sites that probably would accommodate an HDT and large 5th wheel.  They are the kind of site that sits alongside an interior road, the kind where you feel as if you are parking on the shoulder.  But they'd probably be long enough for you.  We fit in there and we're ~63 feet long.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

We stayed at Cedars of Lebanon SP.

The park is a half hour + away from Nashville, but an easy drive in to see the sights.

They have many pull the US in the original CG,  but the new CG across from the check in office is bigger and nicer.  We originally booked in the original CG, but moved after we walked the dogs around in the new side.oC9koX8l.jpg

We are only 64 feet long total, but the site was plenty big enough.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

Nashville KOA by the Opryland Hotel area no issue for our rigs. Like David we got Truck 40’ fiver and Smart with at least 10’ to spare. 

Access roads are good as well. 

This KOA was forced to completely rebuild with new layout about 3-4 years ago after a major flood. Modernizing things. 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

FYI, we stayed at Grand Ole Resort last year for 2 weeks. They do have a few spots you'll fit in. Be aware that for the past 2 years, the park has flooded dramatically -- most recently last month: https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2019/02/23/goodlettsville-flooding-nashille-weather-trailer-park-rv-swift-rescue/2967849002/   

BizCard.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

We home base in Nashville and before having our permanent spot setup, we stayed for a couple of months off and on over a year at the GrandOleRV. Super nice folks. The longer sites are up on the top of the hill with the road as your front porch. The lower section flooded, but not the top. There is a creek that runs along the lower section. Due to a scheduling error, we were in the field for three days before last years ECR and had to get on the hook to get out. Rained for all three days. 

The KOA has some sites that will work for some sites. It also depends on how people park their stuff along the roads. Just tell them you are a 45' motorhome pulling a 25' trailer. 

TexasT's in Cornersville, TN has 10 or so pull throughs that work really nice, but you are 1:15 from downtown with no traffic. Owners are odd ducks. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

We have stayed overnight twice at Northgate RV Travel Park 17+E101757 US Hwy 31 Athens, AL 35611 256-232-8800. It was quiet, easy off and on (I-65) but it is 1.5 hours from Nashville TN.

Bob&Kay
2012 VNL730 I Shift D13 2.47 ratio
2018 Mobile Suites 40 kssb4

2 hours ago, Danandfreda said:

Anyone ever stay at two rivers In Nashville?

We have stayed there twice but it was a couple if years ago. The last time we were in Nashville, the only place we could get a spot was the Jellystone Park. It was considerably more expensive and not any nicer for what we need, I my opinion.

On 3/3/2019 at 8:23 PM, billr said:

Nashville KOA by the Opryland Hotel area no issue for our rigs. Like David we got Truck 40’ fiver and Smart with at least 10’ to spare. 

Access roads are good as well. 

This KOA was forced to completely rebuild with new layout about 3-4 years ago after a major flood. Modernizing things. 

I agree.  Worked great for our 41ft. DRV.  They also have a shuttle service available.

bigdon68

Archived