Dog At Escapade Tucson

Howdy!

I'd love to attend but am traveling alone with a dog. I've been informed already no dogs allowed in event so she's be relegated to the camp ground. Looks like it should be in the 70°'s but Airstream gets . a bit warmer and dry camping = no AC.

If I go I'd only be able to check in for an hour at a time or maybe longer in cooler evening.

Questions:

Is the camp ground close enough to the events to get in and out?

Will there be stuff going on in the evenings too?

Do you think it would be worth going if I can only partake in maybe half or less of the festivities?

Anyone else bringing their dogs?

Thanks,

Az Tex

The RV sites range from very close to the buildings we will be using to probably as much as 2 city blocks distant. Just how close to the activities you will be parked depends on the type of site you have and how soon you arrive. Only dry camping remains, I believe and most of the dry camping will be at least a 5 minute walk from the buildings but there is transportation available if you go to one of the cart-stops. A option might be to board the pup. As part of the security team, I assure you that there will be RVs there with open windows and screen doors for the pets, as there always are and we have never had any issues of theft. One thing nice about Pima County Fairgrounds is that there will be nobody in the parking areas that are not part of Escapees. If you visit Google Earth you can see a recent satellite picture of the grounds to get a feel for the layout. 

1 hour ago, aztex said:

Questions:

Is the camp ground close enough to the events to get in and out?

Will there be stuff going on in the evenings too?

Do you think it would be worth going if I can only partake in maybe half or less of the festivities?

Anyone else bringing their dogs?

I'm not sure what you mean by question 1 but if you arrive early on the first day of parking you will get as close to the buildings as possible. Also, when you arrive let the parking crew know of your request as we do our best to accommodate.

If you visit the Escapade page on the Escapee site you can get a rundown on what takes place and when. There is professional an entertainment each of the first two evenings, the third has a member talent show, and on Thursday evening is the street fair. In addition there are many gatherings of special interest groups and BOF groups in the evenings and there are also impromptu socials under the awnings and various gatherings in the campground each evening.  Evenings are busy.

And there will be many dogs there and there is even a pet parade.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Check with the Escapees Co-Op in Benson for sites available with full hook up so you can run your A/C. It’s only about a half hour South from the event. There are also several other campgrounds in Benson at reasonable prices if the Co-Op is full. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Having our 4 doggies with us at the Tucson event a few years back, I can say that in fact it was warm in the afternoon BUT that doesn't mean it will be this year. I did have 30 amp power when there so I was able to leave the kids in the MH although between the seminars I wanted to attend and what my wife wanted to attend, we could have switched off(and we did) taking turns babysitting the doggies. I guess that could be an option if traveling with someone? 

The entertainment generally occurs later in the day into the early evening...so that's a good thing! In closing, all I can say is we had so much Fun at the Escapade so if it sounds doable for you, you won't regret it!

96' Vogue PrimaVista, CAT 3176b, 10.2 litre, Allison HD-4060

Mollie, Rubie, Cassie and Maggie.......all rescued King Charles Spaniel's

• 2 weeks later...

I have a suggestion for your pet care question. I suggest a product called rvpetsafety. I'm using it for the last 8 months. Sometimes I have to leave my fido in my RV for a long time, because of that I searched for so many devices for my dog. Finally, I found this rvpetsafety device. This device can monitor real-time temperature with and sends alert to your mobile/email using the cellular connection. It takes care of my pet when I'm not in my RV. I'm enjoying the features of this device totally. I suggest you try this device https://rvpetsafety.com
You can use this coupon code and get discount  ' romar10 '

I have suggested the same to some more peoples here. I'm really satisfied with the product, you can try this.

Archived