retired64

Film on windows and mirrors

Having trouble getting rid of film on windows and mirrors with regular window cleaners.  We heat by using a Mr. Buddy heater and I’m wondering if the propane could be the culprit.  How do I get rid of film?  Thank you for your help.

We use the Mr. Buddy as our primary heater and don't have any film on our windows. Try vinegar and water(50/50). If that doesn't work try more vinegar.

You also need ti to figure out what is causing the film on the windows. Do you always have a vent open and drawing air out when cooking? Vent over the range turned on? That is all I can think of that wou;d cause a film on the windows.

4 hours ago, SWharton said:

You also need ti to figure out what is causing the film on the windows. Do you always have a vent open and drawing air out when cooking? Vent over the range turned on? That is all I can think of that wou;d cause a film on the windows.

Smoking? We inherited a painting from Dave's Mom who smoked a lot. We had the painting cleaned and the siblings didn't recognize it even though it had hung in their living room all through their childhoods.

Linda