The Tesla Killer!

Kirk W

I just watched a program on CBS 60 Minutes that went into the electric car market and manufacturing in China. It seems that Tesla has been selling cars there but there is a new company on the scene called NIO who is coming on like gangbusters and they say that they are Tesla killers... From what they are saying, if the US doesn't get hot they are going to lose the ability to compete in the electric car market within 5 years. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

I just watched a program on CBS 60 Minutes that went into the electric car market and manufacturing in China. It seems that Tesla has been selling cars there but there is a new company on the scene called NIO who is coming on like gangbusters and they say that they are Tesla killers... From what they are saying, if the US doesn't get hot they are going to lose the ability to compete in the electric car market within 5 years. 

I have been watching NIO when it was at $5.50 a share.  But with the trade war that has not been settled there are more risks then benefit right now.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

EVs are being outlawed in China, the world's largest car market. As they are doing in all civilized first world countries in the next ten to 20 years. There are and have been many car makers when all cars were ICE Age technology. (ICE=Internal Combustion Engine)

You can kiss GM and Ford goodbye because they cannot afford to stop making ICE age fossil fueled vehicles long enough to make the transition. The only American car brand That will still be here in 20 years is Tesla. There is plenty of market to support new car makers to replace Toyota/Nissan/Fiat/Jaguar/Subaru/Chrysler/Ford/GM et al.

The Koch Brothers (I don't pronounce it like Coke, but rhymes with clock) do not control world trade. They've only bought the US. The US market isn't enough. Musk knows that, thus China and Europe. Watch the surprise in five years when the car industry in the US goes permanently bust for all ICE age fossil fueled brands.

I tried to tell everyone here in 2003 to date, and only a few of us here made 14 baggers.

The last of it is still in are you still in thread. All happened with Tesla as predicted from 2003 to date.

I put about the same in Aurora Cannabis to buy 5000 shares as I did in Tesla to only get 1000 shares. Like Tesla it is a long term investment. I kept Tesla for 8 years.

I will reevaluate my position in three years, then every year.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

9 hours ago, RV_ said:

I put about the same in Aurora Cannabis to buy 5000 shares

Do you think it's a good buy right now?  I was just reading an article online that says wait until it hits $4/share.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/02/25/at-what-price-is-aurora-cannabis-worth-buying.aspx

I'm looking for places to park some $$ this year, should a person wait based on that article's recommendation?  I know nothing about them or the author, have read their articles only a couple times.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

3 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

Do you think it's a good buy right now?  I was just reading an article online that says wait until it hits $4/share.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/02/25/at-what-price-is-aurora-cannabis-worth-buying.aspx

I'm looking for places to park some $$ this year, should a person wait based on that article's recommendation?  I know nothing about them or the author, have read their articles only a couple times.

Who knows.  I am also long on several pot stocks.  I would think that one of the several I hold will become a runner.

10 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

The funny thing right below that article this is said.

Buy Aurora Cannabis

I won't keep you in suspense: Jefferies' top-rated U.S.-listed marijuana stock to buy is Aurora Cannabis (NYSE: ACB). This morning, Jefferies initiated coverage on nine separate cannabis stocks, as reported by StreetInsider.com (subscription required). The analyst handed out no fewer than five separate buy ratings, but the only one of these five currently trading on a major U.S. stock exchange is Aurora Cannabis.

they must be practicing to enter politics.  Wait as the stock is to expensive and buy basically in the same breathe.

Ryno,

I bought ~$5 that for my first buy of Aurora, a bit higher for my second buy. I bought NBEV at $2.99. That was in early October 2018 a few weeks before it went legal in Canada. If you read all the articles about Aurora and their worldwide presence daily you find the are primary for medicinal in Germany and Uruguay, and just went into Portugal. And lots more. I believe Aurora is going to balloon but when I can't say. It is a bargain compared to the other brands in the top three. I am holding now. It is on the rise and chasing stocks can cost you if you wait too long. But they may drop again on bad news in the sector. I can't tell you anything but my feeling, and that I put my money where my mouth is. But I'm in no hurry. I just can't see a savings or money market account at less than 1.5%.

I could lose too. Sorry but there are no assurances, no way to time the market, and had you jumped in when we first started talking about it, you'd be up a couple of bucks a share today. That's not my style of investing, I look for great companies led by strong CEOs. Sure I do higher risk than many, but I'm not looking to sell at anything less than $20.00a share or more. I believe ACB has those legs and more. That can change.

I just bought a house in one of the fastest growing housing markets cash, closing this Friday, and will wait until spring to sell this three year old house, on five acres, with a steel 24X30 workshop on slab and new decks and carports. It's too wet to mow and groom for sale now. So Lynn will go up and nest in the new house while I take care of selling this one which is also paid for. We're retired military and can handle a few months separation. And she was a police and deputy city marshal who can handle her 10 round .40 cal pistol just fine. As well our dog will be with her who is a watchdog from he'll who goes off with aggressive barking when she hears someone. Not a barker but a dog who checks before she barks. She is very aggressive until we call her off.

My point is I invest then forget about it for a long while only noting when articles about them come out. Because I am too busy with finding, buying, and moving to our new big investment, then selling this place and my tractors etc.

I am not a day trader and if I lose, oh well! I don't invest more than I could stand losing. I'd hate to lose but I've yet to experience that.

Safe investing!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived