Help with apps

Due to technical difficulties, I have changed cell phones.  Still same carrier, data not a problem.  I have a new iphone, I'm finding apps a little... different.  Always been an android fan.  Anywayz, with my samsung s7, I could use smart cast, or mirror cast (an app) to throw to the TV and watch netflix/prime, etc.  My problem is, iphone has cast, but it's called apple cast.  It can't see or connect to any of my TVs.  Has anyone found an app with their iphone that will connect/cast to a non-apple tv?

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

On 2/23/2019 at 1:55 PM, NDBirdman said:

None with iphone experience?

I have lots of iPhone experience, but I've never had a reason to do what you're asking, so I didn't know the answer.  A quick search says that you can use either an Apple TV or Chromecast to do this.  Chromecast is built into many TVs, and they make a little plug-in device.

Here's a good article:  https://showmore.com/mirror-iphone-tv-without-apple-tv.html

Archived