Visible

SWharton

We don't have hands on time with it, but here's our most recent article on it that goes over the plan and drawbacks - the biggest being higher than normal ping times:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/verizon-based-visible-40-mo-smartphone-plan-enables-android-compatibility/

I'm actually considering switching to this myself.  $40/mo for unlimited Verizon data and hotspot at 5mbps speeds is quite tempting. 

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Thanks for responding, I appreciate this. Getting any info on this and finding feedback is challenging. This being a little used 2nd phone makes this plan a good back up plan. We believe in having one phone on ATT and one phone on Verizon. We have proven the need for this several times and being able to use it as a hot spot is a bonus. 

The only question left is the Visible R2, I can't find any info on it but hope it has at least 16G of memory.

I need to make up my mind in the next week or so before we start our travels.

Thanks

I downloaded the app and found the specs for the R2, why the specs aren't put on the website I don't understand.

2G Ram, 16G Storage lu 2TB sd card, Qualcomm Snapdragon 425/1.4 Quad Core Processor, Android Oreo

A little light on Ram but for our use acceptable.

FYI-Their chat doesn't answer, I waited 5 minutes and no response.

If anyone decides to sign up for this it was a challenge.

Visible does not like our 77399 zip code. I ended up using this: 228  Rainbow Dr, Livingston, TX 77351, USA, I think I was able to enter my mailbox number, not really sure at this point. I was able to change the zip to 77399 later in the process. I found it was easier to go online to sign up vs. using the app.  The way I triggered the correct address was typing in Drive and then a pop-up list appeared. Overall not a very good experience but the phone is on the way to Livingston.

If that doesn't work out consider just getting a TracFone. We've had excellent experience with it.  Great for a 2nd phone.  You can purchase the cheapest plan for $20 for 3 months. 

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

We have a Tracfone and I would never buy them again. We bought it primarily because it was Verizon but they have very poor data plans and we do very, very minimal and texting. Sorry we ever went with Tracfone, didn't realize they had such poor data plans.

I am making progress with Visible but their app, website and support is not the greatest.

Archived