Progressive insurance cancellation

ras32758

Is anyone using progressive insurance for their HDT. After three plus years insured through USAA Progressive in DE. They want to cancel my policy in FL. Said it shouldn't have been written in DE either because it is a commercial vehicle. Driving a 1999 VNL 610. 

If you are with progressive what state are you in?

Talking to the underwriters tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Good evening, ras32758.

Progressive has different criteria for different areas.  We are in Colorado, and we use Progressive. 

I would strongly urge you to talk with the insurance agency, fcisinsurance.com, that has been most helpful with Escapee folk...like myself.  When we had problems with Progressive through another agent, FCIS was able to straighten it out, and have us insured.  Try Bob Isbell <BIsbell@fcisinsurance.com>, although other agents will be happy to be of service.

Regards,

Michael

2007 Volvo VNL 670

2007 NuWa HitchHiker Champagne

2 hours ago, Twotoes said:

Also try Miller Insurance a insurance broker in OR but they write in most all states. They are a commercial member of Escapees 

Hello, Twotoes.

Excellent thought for the OP.  In fact it can't hurt, only help, were he/she to get quotes from both Miller and FCIS.

Regards,

Michael

2007 Volvo VNL 670

2007 NuWa HitchHiker Champagne

19 hours ago, ras32758 said:

Is anyone using progressive insurance for their HDT. After three plus years insured through USAA Progressive in DE. They want to cancel my policy in FL. Said it shouldn't have been written in DE either because it is a commercial vehicle. Driving a 1999 VNL 610. 

If you are with progressive what state are you in?

Talking to the underwriters tomorrow. Wish me luck.

If your HDT is not registered as an RV in Fla, you might be out of luck.  I went thru the Fla goat rope a few years ago.  

SD may end up being your easiest option to get it registered as an RV, if that can still happen.  I know of one person on the forum who says SD no longer will register an HDT as an RV, but the SD vehicle site does not support that.

I use Progressive in TN. The only change I have had in the last couple of years is that it used to be one policy for the truck/trailer combined, but last year they changed to separate policies for each. I just renewed this month, so I guess they are going to keep me for a while.

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

Archived