SWharton

Snowbird Park in Phoenix or RGV with Woodshop

I have a friend who is looking for a snowbird location in Phoenix or RGV with a large Woodshop. He loves doing wooodwork and even teaches classes. I have no idea how to find a CG with this faility so I hope the Woodworkers would make some suggestions. Thanks. 

I don’t know about Phoenix but the Cocopah RV resort at Yuma has a fantastic fully equipped wood shop. Visitors can use it for a small donation to cover the cost of sharpening bandsaw blades etc. It is a great friendly resort with lots of things going on and the prices are very reasonable. 

Richard

I am at Sunflower RV Resort in Surprise a suburb of Phoenix and there is a wood shop there. I dont think that there are any available sites however until April???

Carefree Manor Trailer Resort in Apache Junction, a suburb of Phoenix,  has a wood shop. I used a table saw briefly to cut some trim when I installed a new fridge while I was there.  I didn't look around much or notice if they had a lathe. My guess would be no.  HDT'r Daryl of "Daryl and Rita", who are active on this site, spend their winters there and he could tell you much more about the shop. 

We are at Voyager in Tucson, so if you need more info on their woodshop, I should be able to get it for you.  

9 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

Do these woodshops have lathes?  I've been wanting to learn to use one, it's about the only thing I don't have in my shop.

The one in Tucson I mentioned I think has 9 lathes and even has classes you can take.

8 hours ago, Jim Gell said:

Carefree Manor Trailer Resort in Apache Junction, a suburb of Phoenix,  has a wood shop. I used a table saw briefly to cut some trim when I installed a new fridge while I was there.  I didn't look around much or notice if they had a lathe. My guess would be no.  HDT'r Daryl of "Daryl and Rita", who are active on this site, spend their winters there and he could tell you much more about the shop. 

We are at Voyager in Tucson, so if you need more info on their woodshop, I should be able to get it for you.  

They do have them.  When you walk into the shop.  Go to the room to the left.  It is full of lathes.

1 hour ago, SWharton said:

Are they wood or metal lathes?

I think they are all wood.  But I think this same CG has a metal shop also.  I would call them or PM Jim and ask about more details.

Edited by rynosback

2 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

Their site shows a 50% discount for travel club members.  What travel club?

You might want to call them.

6 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

Their site shows a 50% discount for travel club members.  What travel club?

I would call them as stated.  We stayed there through a Thousand Trails zone pass with the add on of the Trails collection.  It was $20 a night for us to stay there.

19 hours ago, 57becky said:

Paradise RV Resort in Sun City has a great woodshop with mostly heavy duty equipment.  https://rvonthego.com/arizona/paradise-rv-resort/

This hits me as funny in a way.  Not the RV park, but we were once stationed at LAFB.  Everytime we went near there, usually on the trip to Las Vegas, we laughed/chuckled at all the golf carts on the road and the old pharts.  Now.... I'm one of those old pharts, would be perfect for me to end up spending time there.  Careful what ya say as a very young punk, ehh?  LOL  Thanks for the site!