Some folks you know?

Kirk W

Everyone has different levels of education, both formal and life experiences.  I try not to pay much attention to grammar usage when reading forum posts.  

I have a BIL and SIL that are both retired professors from a small private college.  They have zero common sense and are barely getting by on their retirement.   We have friends we meet up with a couple times a year to ride our Harley's together.  He couldn't put together a decent business letter if his life depended on it.  The last year they were in business he put up over 200 new homes.  He is one of the smartest people I have ever known plus he has a ton of common sense.

I never judge people too harshly by checking their grammar or spelling.  

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

1 hour ago, sandsys said:

Nope. Not a full sentence so doesn't require a period. :)

Linda

Did anyone notice I felt compelled to put a period after each phrase even though I was saying we didn't need to do so? Thus the smiley face.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I love misspellings and misused words.  So much that I get paid to proofread books!

Actually I've found that it's difficult to proofread your own work.  You know what you just wrote, even if it isn't!

Back on the road again in a 2011 Roadtrek 210P

2011 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Lexus GX470, 2018 Ranger XP1000, 2013 RZR 570LE
http://finallynewellin.blogspot.com/

458863254_cabinavatarcopy.jpg.7751792e372f5959d079d77730f9290d.jpg

5 hours ago, folivier said:

Actually I've found that it's difficult to proofread your own work.  You know what you just wrote, even if it isn't!

Oh, so true. I find that reading my writing out loud helps me find errors I missed when reading silently. I do reread what I wrote in a message before I post it but I still miss some errors--maybe I need to start reading those out loud, too? Except I'm quite sure my Dave does not want to hear every message I write. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

After the Berlin wall fell down a ton of aerospace giants raced into Russia to steal the big-brain Ruskies sorta like the U S and Brits did with the German Rocket Geeks at the end of WW II........

So I was a low-kid-on-the-secret-save-the-world-one-of-a-kind-bad-concept-aircraft and ..........THREE OLD Giant-Brained-Ruskie-Aeroengineers would send a memo out to each other...........Igor #1 would scribble a few words and some numbers on three pages and Fax it to Igor #2 ............Igor #2 would add some numbers and some words and then Fax to Igor #3..........Igor #3 would add more words and more numbers and then Fax back to ......Igor #2...........Igor #2 would fill the remaining blank spots with numbers and words and..........Bingo ALL of the info needed was complete and no questions were ask but all answers were in the memo anyhow and these Igors had been sending incomplete engineering memos back and forth since 1953...........

It drove the spooks that were supposed to keep a eye on the Ruskies NUTS...........heck I have always been nuts so to me I just thought that's the way Ruskie-Grammer was........(or is).......or whatever......

So grammer-geeks..........howz my grammer so farr?

Drive on.........(Plenty of dots.........grate-grammer)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived